Waxing Nostalgic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiodad

Reaction score
Alright Monday.. yeah the day after the superbowl! I took the day off of work!! :ban: :ban: I'm brewing Papazian's recipe!
Silver Dollar Porter!
8lb pale
1lb munich
.5 Black Patent
.5 Crystal 80
.5 Chocolate
.5 Roasted Barley

And best of all I'm going to throw in that Cry Havoc yeast! I made a starter tonight. I'm a big Charlie fan. Loved the Joy of homebrew first time I picked it up. Kind of geeked up to actually brew one of HIS recipes with HIS yeast!

Anyone else tried any of Charile Papazian's recipes and did you enoy them?

Cheers!
Scott

I recently brewed a variation on his Cherries in the Snow. Instead of using actual cherries I used 1 pint of pure sour cherry juice I got at the healfood section.
Was/Is GREAT!

Gotta admit that I can never seem to brew a recepie "by-the-book" I always end up with one substitution or another.

I have a rocky raccoon honey lager in primary right now. I did make a few changes to the RRHL recipe, I calculated some grain into the recipe and made it a partial mash as opposed to the extract only recipe.
I've tasted several of his brews that a fellow homebrewer made and they were all very good.

nb

buraglio said:
I have a rocky raccoon honey lager in primary right now. I did make a few changes to the RRHL recipe, I calculated some grain into the recipe and made it a partial mash as opposed to the extract only recipe.
I've tasted several of his brews that a fellow homebrewer made and they were all very good.

nb

Have one of these in secondary at the moment. It always seems to turn out well. Would love to move on the mead.

Back