Water report Info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Basicly I don't know jack about this part of brewing. I filter my water with an RV filter and that's it.
My beers have been good and all but maybe there's something I could do to make them better.

Here is the water report I found online, could you take a quick look and tell me what you think?

WATER REPORT

That's not a very detailed report. They don't report calcium and magnesium separately, and they don't report sulfates (SO4) or bicarbonate (HCO3) content at all. See if you can get a more detailed report, and that may guide you a bit more on what your water is best suited for, as well as what you can do to manipulate it.

From what is in the report, you have moderately hard water with low sodium and chloride content. That's good for a lot of styles, but closest to Dublin water, although Dublin water also is high in sulfates and bicarbonates.

TL

Back