Water Meter..Where the heck is it and what's it look like?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have rebuilt every faucet in my home annually since I bought the place but I have yet to try to describe the process.

Being a single handle faucet, there will be a "ball" inside the faucet body and connects to the handle. This is the actual mixing chamber and usually has 4 holes positioned to allow the varied temperature ratios.

Sometimes, that ball becomes corroded and useless.

Behind the ball inside the body of the faucet there will be 2 outlets for the water supply, about 3/8" diameter. Inside each of these ports there should be a springloaded, cap like, open cenetered, gasket that seals itself against the ball. More often than not it is either the spring has gone soft or the gasket is worn or warped.

Lowes and Home Depot do carry faucet re-build kits and they aren't that expensive or hard to do. They are generally specific to your faucet brand and type so check the cross refference to be sure you get the right kit.

Oh and check your stops under the sink too. they usually fail before teh faucet does.

I have rebuilt every faucet in my home annually since I bought the place but I have yet to try to describe the process.

Being a single handle faucet, there will be a "ball" inside the faucet body and connects to the handle. This is the actual mixing chamber and usually has 4 holes positioned to allow the varied temperature ratios.

Sometimes, that ball becomes corroded and useless.

Behind the ball inside the body of the faucet there will be 2 outlets for the water supply, about 3/8" diameter. Inside each of these ports there should be a springloaded, cap like, open cenetered, gasket that seals itself against the ball. More often than not it is either the spring has gone soft or the gasket is worn or warped.

Lowes and Home Depot do carry faucet re-build kits and they aren't that expensive or hard to do. They are generally specific to your faucet brand and type so check the cross refference to be sure you get the right kit.

Oh and check your stops under the sink too. they usually fail before teh faucet does.

Thanks, I wanted to be somewhat prepared as to what I may need to do as this is my rental property and I am going down this Saturday to work on a bunch of stuff including that but plan on heading back home before evening.

Well I am back and we have water again. They didn't have 3/4" beads so I crammed 3 1/2" ones down there. It worked out well because it was right by an elbow so the 3 beads plugged it up well. Got everything resoldered and tested it out. Good deal. Thanks for everyones help. Now on to the one above teh washer and to repalce the spigot out front. Rumor has it I'll get to do a brew related DIY project sometime in Fall of 2045. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Back