Watching the fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfowlks

Reaction score
Some times I like to just sit there and watch my fermenter. I will lay on the ground with it and just watch the inside and look at what is going on. Most of the time this happens when I am trying to procrastinate. Does this happen to anyone else?

I also like watching all the foam come out of the blow-off bucket because I put starsan in it.

20120603_185209.jpg

I used to. Now using a swamp cooler and covering with a T-shirt, so not much to see any more. I miss it, but think the beer is better now.

I check every now and then usually, and if I see a particularly active fermentation sometimes I get entranced. Yeast flying around like crazy, practically stirring the brew inside the carboy...crazy. Love those little guys.

I used to sit and watch. I even would wait to get a sniff when the airlock bubbles. Then I built a fermentation chamber. I kinda miss it.

I used to sit and watch. I even would wait to get a sniff when the airlock bubbles. Then I built a fermentation chamber. I kinda miss it.

I used to do this too but now I have a fridge that I use to control temps. Now I just look like an idiot with his head shoved in the fridge to sniff the bubbles!:rockin:

Sometimes I sit there and stare. I haven't found the need for any bubble sniffing though.

Back