watch picture.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristof37

Reaction score
I have this. good or not good?
Can i make cider now? :)
But i realy don't know what to do now. :-(
and i speak not good englisch

cider.jpg

2 large glass demijohns in woven (wicker?) basket/totes?
they should make fine fermentation vessels assuming you can find stoppers/bungs to fit the opening.
personally, I'd remove the wicker so I could see when they're clean, but that's just me.
do you have access to fresh pressed cider?

Hi,
Wicker. so that plastic thing is wicker.Ok :)
The glace is clean yes.
No, i do not gave fresh pressed cider...
I don't know what do do with it.

Throw some yeast(preferably Brewers yeast) and let it ferment out. Then transfer to clean jug chill and enjoy. Or bottle it and add some sugar if you want it carbed instead of flat. This is a very brief explanation of what to do. But your certainly on the right forum if you want detailed info. There's plenty of info in the stickies at the top of the forum pages. Generally people on here are pretty willing to share what knowledge they have if you have specific questions. I'd think you'll want to find a drilled stopper and airlock for those demijohns though but plenty open ferment by covering with a fine mesh cloth just something to keep the bugs out. Hope some of this helps.

if you have never made cider you should probably start by reading & then re-reading this.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=508303
& as posted above, it's as simple as adding yeast to Apple (or other fruit) juice, but this makes a very dry cider. if you are not sure if you like dry cider you might want to make a small batch the first time.

Latest posts

Back