wass'this apfelwein stuff?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hang Glider

Beer Drinker
Reaction score
ok. i make beer, good beer the more i make. better beer. 6 montths ago i made edworts prize. i waited cause i heard its best longer, the apple comes out.

well, in the bottle, carbd, in the bottle not carbd. not very different. but not very good, either. its not infected, it tasts clean, a little applejuice, a bit yeasty, but a slap in the face/mouth of etoh. dry, puckery. like an apple withthe sugar all sucked out. near unpleasant. not my first choioce in a wine, altho- beer is first choice.

not sure what the point is, cept to get druck, and i can do that with enough homebrew. so i got 5 gallons of druck-maker appletart.

I recoognize my grammar has been better, im struggling for coherent thought, as two may be all i cn handle. it does get better the more you drink, but still no thnks.

ok, post , advil, bed. hope this was not a mistake in th morning

wait til he finds out that if you freeze concentrate it, you can really get a druck on with just two glasses.

apfelwein22.jpg

apfelwein9.jpg

ApfelweinWarning.jpg

apfellabel1_copy.jpg

+1 passedpawn

I think this image

apfellabel1_copy.jpg

is on target - (thanks Revvy!)

Not too incoherent considering the state. Spelling was a bit of a mess. And this morning was a bit less than fun, but after some Starbucks and work, my head is okay now. Upon waking this morning, I did have a moment or two of regret.

I'm sure I'll consume the rest of them eventually, and they certainly are good for getting a hella buzz on, but I think I'd rather drink something with some flavors that I actually like. Perhaps if I dry-hopped it...

I don't regret making the batch, but not sure I'll make another. The sample I took in March, I had back-sweetened with a bit of stevia. That might help now - I was just trying to let the age thing do it's trick, as it was so highly recommended.

thanks for all the laughs, guys!
now, back to a good IPA.

I made a batch once. I was ok if I muscled past the first couple bottles, but I regretted it in the morning. I don't think I was ever coherent enough to take some water and Ibuprofen before I passed out.

But I did get some strawberry liqueur to help even out the flavor a bit. Made it mildly palateable. Maybe try that sometime?

Wow I love to drink of these for breakfast mixed with an oz or two of cranberry juice. Gets the day started off right. Perfect poolside. I wish I got incoherently wasted after 2....

Wow I love to drink of these for breakfast mixed with an oz or two of cranberry juice. Gets the day started off right. Perfect poolside. I wish I got incoherently wasted after 2....

I guess I should have included they were 22oz...:drunk:

Strawberry liqueur sounds good - might make it more palatable so I can finish these off, but I doubt it will ever be for breakfast :ban:

Back