Washed Yeast, Does It Look Right? (PICTURE)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
This is my first time trying to wash yeast, I pulled the trub out of the primary, then poured most of it into a snapple bottle (sanitized). I let it sit in the fridge for an hour and only saw a tiiiiny seperation, decided to pour into another bottle anyway. After doing this 2 or 3 times (I never saw any good seperation) I decided to just let it sit overnight in the fridge, this was the result. Does this look like good yeast?

7564-washedyeast.jpg

Yes, the less "peanut butter" color the better. But I have to agree, crack your grain away from the rest of your brewing area. There is material that will contaminate your brew from the flying debry(woha, look at my mispellying!)

So yea, Chicgitcha Check you brew before you wreck your brewk.

Don't worry, this is not my brew area, this is just where I crack grains and set things up to take pictures (my kitchen ;) ) I brew on the porch.

So you think I"m cool? Should I swirl this up and try to seperate the rest of the "peanut butter" colored stuff?

Back