Washed, but....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpilot

Reaction score
I washed my Nottingham a week ago, placed it into a growler in my fridge, and seriously, I can burp pressure out of that bottle DAILY. There is nothing GROWING in there, it looks and smells completely normal. What gives?

Brewpilot

If you washed it properly you should only have yeast and watered down beer in there...no sugar...hmmm...:confused:

How much water did you use? How large was the result of the water and trub mixed together?

I usually start with about a gallon when combined and end up with about 3/4 gal. From that I'll pour off most of the water before I swirl to mix then put in smaller containers.

Any pics? Your first mix should look like this prior to transferring to a second.

You keep the liquid and pour the solids down the drain. With each transfer there should be fewer solids then just yeast and water eventually.

After there are no more solids then you should let all the yeast fall out (place in fridge for this). then you can pour off the majority of the water and re-swirl to mix and transfer to smaller containers.

P1140802-00.jpg

PB110598-00.jpg

Back