Was it in the stars? You tell me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littletommy

Reaction score
Okay, I like to collect beer stuff, mugs, signs, coasters, you name it......

So today at work, I'm getting ready to go to lunch, I walk over to turn off my radio, and at the same time I'm reaching in my pocket to get some change for the coke machine. The song "mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys" is playing, and right at the point that Willie comes in with the line that says "lone star belt buckles and old faded Levis" I pull my hand out of my pocket and glance at my change and, right on the top of the pile is a Texas quarter, with the Texas lone star staring up at me! I'm thinking "wow, that's kinda cool", then go on to lunch. Not 15 minutes later, my wife texts me a pic of some Stella Artois glasses, and says some lady had just walked in to her office and gave them to her, telling her she (my wife) won them in some sort of raffle the alzheimers association was having! It's a nice set of glasses in a wood box with the Stella logo on it.

Coincidence? Perhaps. Weird that the song and quarter matched up perfectly? I think so, and I have a nice set of glasses to add to my collection to show for it. Even though I don't care for Stella, I'm still happy with the days take.:mug:

Edit to add....I told my wife the whole story, and she said I was a frikken goof ball.

Yeah, I thought it was kinda funny, but what was even funnier was, she entered the raffle back in May, and the drawing was in May, but apparently THEY forgot about it til now.:smack:

Okay, I like to collect beer stuff, mugs, signs, coasters, you name it......

So today at work, I'm getting ready to go to lunch, I walk over to turn off my radio, and at the same time I'm reaching in my pocket to get some change for the coke machine. The song "mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys" is playing, and right at the point that Willie comes in with the line that says "lone star belt buckles and old faded Levis" I pull my hand out of my pocket and glance at my change and, right on the top of the pile is a Texas quarter, with the Texas lone star staring up at me! I'm thinking "wow, that's kinda cool", then go on to lunch. Not 15 minutes later, my wife texts me a pic of some Stella Artois glasses, and says some lady had just walked in to her office and gave them to her, telling her she (my wife) won them in some sort of raffle the alzheimers association was having! It's a nice set of glasses in a wood box with the Stella logo on it.

Coincidence? Perhaps. Weird that the song and quarter matched up perfectly? I think so, and I have a nice set of glasses to add to my collection to show for it. Even though I don't care for Stella, I'm still happy with the days take.:mug:

Edit to add....I told my wife the whole story, and she said I was a frikken goof ball.

Did you use the Texas quarter or save it as it is the luckiest thing you now own?

It currently resides in the jar with my other unique coins, I ain't a gettin rid of it.

Back