- May 10, 2014
- Reaction score
You forgot a few items:So, here's the very simple fix:
1) Turn off AND unplug panel
2) Take pictures of all the parts affected, noting where the black, red, and green wires go
3) Remove outlets and damaged wire
4) Cut new wires to length, strip ends, and secure to new outlets.
5) Attach new outlets to panel.
6) Plug in panel and test.
-Test voltage at your connection point
-look on google for wire size for 5500 watts (what Spike says they use for heater element) at whatever voltage you are actually getting
Note that at 208 volts you should be using #8 wire?
at 240 volts #10 would be OK?
I included question marks above because I'm not a licensed electrician so all my information is from sources I've looked up.
Get professional advice before wiring circuits if you are concerned about it.