Warning signs of homebrew addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You dismantled your brewing equipment/fermentation room to make space for your first born...but still brew and incorporate brewing supplies into your child rearing activities.

RO water for formula water
Star-san for cleaning puke, etc.
Brewing thermometer for bath temps
Vacuum sealer for baby food storage
Grain sale becomes a baby scale
Mesh hop sack makes a great baby hat

Always checking "Today's Posts" on HBT to see what everyone is talking about.

Then shaking your head when a thread comes back to life after three years.

You voluntarily get the laundry done on a weeknight so you can take over the 50A outlet for brewing on the weekend.

You have a keezer for pouring beer
you have a refer just to keep supplies in
you have a 2 sliding door commercial refer for a lagering closet
And another refer for bottled beer
And you found yourself checking Craigslist Appliance heading incase there was a deal on a refer in it.

When you live in a 3rd floor apartment but 2 herniated discs in your back won't let you carry a full fermentor up from the parking lot anymore (where I'm allowed to use a propane burner) and instead of contacting the Doctor you were supposed to months ago, you call your parents and ask to use their driveway for brew day.

They now send me nightly and morningly temp readings and airlock pics as if they were babysitting! :mug: :D

edit: The downside of fermenting 'off site' is when my morningly update is a picture of the lid halfway off and krausen blown everywhere! Blowoff tube every time...RDWHAHB :)

When you can sit in your garage amazed at your equipment and think about where you were a year ago with just an 8 gallon kettle and an old cooler....and then pour a perfectly carbed beer of your own making and recipe, and spend minutes just staring at it. Yep, do that a LOT.

Nerd....

.... I would do exactly the same :D

i started this thread 8 years ago, crazy how many posts. i am still addicted to brewing. i just haven't been on HBT for awhile.

I dreamt last night that I ruined my latest batch of saison by fermenting with Wyeast 3711 French saison yeast.

When swmbo is upset that you switched to BIAB, and moved your brew days to the garage,..because 3v brews were in the kitchen, and that's the only time you do the dishes, mop the floor, and clean the countertops.

Back