Warm beer suggestion needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanoj

Reaction score
Weird request:

I am going on an 8 day rafting trip down the Grand Canyon this summer. It's going to be great. My friend who has done it numerous times in the past says, after 5 or 6 days, the ice in the beer chest is melted and the last two days involve warm beer, tepid river water and hot (100+°) temps.

Any suggestions for a good beer for these last few days on the river? Needs to be in cans and available in Los Angeles or Las Vegas.

I would prefer light and lower alcohol. Maybe avoid too many shandy/radler type concoctions.

I was thinking something like a raspberry blush Berliner Weisse from Mikkeller.

-Sean

10 barrels brewing company has a cheap cucumber sour and a cheap raspberry sour that i think is quite good for its price point. I bet those would be a good call. Super refreshing

While your Mikkeller choice is probably the best, I'll just chime in for the hell of it haha... I was in a touring band after I finished high school. Miller high life was the go to warm beer that we had to store in the van. I know probably the answer you weren't looking for, but it's the best "warm" beer I've had.

Many years ago I red a book by Wilbur Smith, one of his pre 1980 writes. Could be Shout at the devil, describes warm beer with a shot of brandy. I was drafted for military service and did many warm beers with brandy.... But will not suggest it for rafting.

Back