Wanting to try in Fl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenneycat213

Reaction score
Had my first taste of mead not too long ago, and would like to try to make my own. I would greatly appreciate any advice for a complete newbie and if anyone knows where I might be able to find equipment near central FL (dont trust the postal service for handling delicate equipment)I would greatly appreciate it

There is a good sticky in the Mead forum. Also a Mead recipe section with some good recipes. How big of a batch do you want to make?

Where in central FL are you? There are homebrew shops in both Tampa and Orlando.

Im in ocala, would like to start small so that if I did ruin it, it wouldnt be too big of a loss

To start small, you just need to get a one gallon jug, an airlock, yeast nutrients, yeast, and honey. Do a single gallon batch, and see how it turns out.

Had my first taste of mead not too long ago, and would like to try to make my own. I would greatly appreciate any advice for a complete newbie and if anyone knows where I might be able to find equipment near central FL (dont trust the postal service for handling delicate equipment)I would greatly appreciate it

Where ya at? I have locations available in Tampa, St Pete, Clearwater, Orlando. Ocala and Miami and Gainesville. Depends what you want , but I'm pretty sure you can get what ever you need pretty clode to home. Google Brewing equipment, comma, Florida and you will get a bunch of answers quick.
Bob

Your only a hop skip and a jump from Gainesville. Hoggetown Ale Works is an awesome shop especially if your just starting out. I've just started myself and I'm already addicted. Let me know if you need any more information.

http://www.hoggetowne.com/

Happy Brewing,
Chris

I believe whatever you mead to know you will find on this forum.- Jeff

Back