Want to sing some praises

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know onlne homebrew shops often get slammed here on the net, but I want to sing some praises.

I ordered a 4-way distributor valve, for my keggerator from Midwest Brewing.
It arrived in the mail in short order, I installed it, and turned on the gas, came out the next day and was almost out of gas.
Turns out the new distributor was faulty. Had a big air leak.
I called them and they promptly appologized, and sent me a replacement.

A few days later i got it in the mail, put it in a bucket of water, and low and behold, it was leaking air as well.
I tried to take out the valves, and re-tape them, but the threads kept stripping, and I could not remove the valves.

I called them once again, and told them of the problem, they sent me another older version, and water tested it for me. I recieved it today, it still had some very small air leaks, but I was able to fix them.

They credited me $15.00. I cannot say enough about service like this.
Thanks DAVE, I really appreciate all the help, and customer support in trying to get it right. JOB WELL DONE.

Anyways, just wanted to say a kind word, and share my experience with you all.

Josh

I am glad you got a manifold that works!

I know suppling a hobby is a different deal from the printing industry (which I am in). I do know this if we sent defective product 3 times in a row someone would be looking for a job. That is the way that it is.
I guess I am saying whoever is manufacturing for Midwest should be testing before shipping.

Cheers!!! :mug:

(I have always been happy with Midwest as well)

I have had perfect service with Northern Brewer and Midwest.
I have ordered several times from MW with not problems or mistakes and tons of times with NB, actually I am amazed at NB's speed and accuracy.

Dont worry Chris, you didnt come off like that, you're good dude.
No worries

I have never had any problems with them either, and the 4-way manifolds are not manufactured there, they are made another company. I was just impressed how they stood behind a product that they do not manufacture, and bent over backwards to make it right.

Later,
Josh

Back