want an ideal for some good wine that would be ready by June

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joentuff

Reaction score
I have made a few wines from Welches concentrate, but we also made some from froze berries, just looking for a good recipe for some wine for June, looking to make about 10gallons, please fill me full of ideas!!!

What kind of berries do you have left? I am still a noob at wine making but It seems like the lower alcohol wines clear and taste better sooner than the high rocket fuel ones.
Maybe a nice apfelwein with berries added or maybe even peach (if you can swing affording frozen peaches) Then you can garnish the glasses with fresh seasonal strawberries! Or even fresh peaches depending on where you are located.
Mulberry is ripe about then too!

I have none left, as far as apple cider flavored with berets, I brewed over 40gallons of cider this past fall, a few batches were flavored with dufferent fruits, I just made a 5 gallon batch of berry blend(black,blue, and rasberrys) just looking for new ideas that would finish out by June

I have a white grape/peach with no added sugar going right now for the hubby and it smells just wonderful.
If you use the juice(one can concentrate per gallon juice) with the frozen concentrate (let the concentrate sit thawed and aerated for 24 hours to dissipate the potassium metabisulfate before pitching yeast) it makes a good quick to drink wine. I do add raisins too for good mouth feel. Not top shelf ya know but the hubby (he's not a big wine drinker and looks for wine cooler types to drink) likes it.

I think "good wine" and "ready by June" don't go well with each other.

You could try one of the flavored (wildberry shiraz, peach chardonnay...) wine kits and they would be ready by June.

Any better quality takes at least 3 months after fermentation, which is about 6 weeks or so.

Any "good" wine needs a year or three to get ready.

Latest posts

Back