Wall Of Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewhead

Reaction score
this is a work in progress:

front:
wall_of_beer%20004.JPG

back plenum box:
wall_of_beer%20006.JPG

collar inside keezer:
wall_of_beer%20010.JPG

kegs no c02 set connects yet:
wall_of_beer%20014.JPG

inside plenum box:
wall_of_beer%20016.JPG

plenum box made of 1" r6 ductboard with metal front and back lined facing:
wall_of_beer%20020.JPG

i need to brew more beer :twisted:

gots a chubby on that one haha nice set-up can't wait to see finished product:tank:

the keezer will actually hold 10 cornies - the pic only shows 8 because that's all i had in it at the time...but yes it holds ten coirnies

i will also be placing a muffin fan either in the plenum to pull or in the keezerr to pushchilled air into the plenum to keep the taps chilled as well

i have a year old belgian that's very nice...in november we will have barrel aged 55 gallons of bourbon barrel yeti stout...so i'd say under the right conditions - for a good long while

Atl300zx said:
i dont think i could drink the beer fast enough.

How long does beer last in a keg?

you don't? well aren't you just a big old sack of FAIL!!! :p

Depending on the type of beer, they can last for several months to several years. on CO2 and cold, even the fragilest of beers will last 6 months.

Evan! said:
you don't? well aren't you just a big old sack of FAIL!!! :p

Depending on the type of beer, they can last for several months to several years. on CO2 and cold, even the fragilest of beers will last 6 months.

Well if it lasts that long, then no problem.

I have been having people over once a month to kill my kegs when they get over a month old. I guess i can stop this practice and enjoy it myself.

Atl300zx said:
Well if it lasts that long, then no problem.

I have been having people over once a month to kill my kegs when they get over a month old. I guess i can stop this practice and enjoy it myself.

oh no you can't man! you created these dependents :cross:

I have people who would like to do that but I'm not rich folk. I'd have to ask them to buy me a LHBS gift certificate to gain entry to my tap room.... LOL!!! BTW, KICK @$$ SETUP!!!!

brewhead said:
i have a year old belgian that's very nice...in november we will have barrel aged 55 gallons of bourbon barrel yeti stout...so i'd say under the right conditions - for a good long while

I am in such awe that you've got 55 gallons of Yeti in a bourbon barrel. That just makes me drool. Your barrel room must seem like heaven especially if you've got a yeti (oak aged of course) in hand.

I present you with the "I want to come to your place and drink your beer" award.

:mug: good work

Maybe i had a bad batch, but i had Oak Aged Yeti at Taco Mac and it tasted very weird....kinda like those pastel marshmellows if anyone knows what i am talking about.....no one else at the table at Taco Mac knew what i was talking about

Atl300zx said:
Maybe i had a bad batch, but i had Oak Aged Yeti at Taco Mac and it tasted very weird....kinda like those pastel marshmellows if anyone knows what i am talking about.....no one else at the table at Taco Mac knew what i was talking about

Those little marshmellows that are kinda easter egg colored? I havn't seen those in awhile. Do they still make them? My mom use to put those in our hot chocolate instead of the whilte ones. Maybe you were tasting the vanilla flavors that oak imparts on beer. Either that or "maybe" you were flashing back? :fro: hehehe :D Good thing it diddn't taste like paisley cheese, or worse yet neon oatmeal!! That's the worst!!! ;)

Grimsawyer said:
Those little marshmellows that are kinda easter egg colored? I havn't seen those in awhile. Do they still make them? My mom use to put those in our hot chocolate instead of the whilte ones. Maybe you were tasting the vanilla flavors that oak imparts on beer. Either that or "maybe" you were flashing back? :fro: hehehe :D Good thing it diddn't taste like paisley cheese, or worse yet neon oatmeal!! That's the worst!!! ;)

Those would be the ones. I havent seen them in forever either...those are somethign you might find in the back of your grandma's cubbard.

I do like vanilla, thisflavor was just odd, maybe the hops competing with the oak. Oh well, i will just need to try more oak beers and see what i think. I like Innis & Gunn but it isnt very oaky.

A question that comes to my mind is how do you keep track of what flavor comes out of all those identical taps?

With all those choices I think you would need to sample them all on a regular basis to keep track? Oh, wait.... never mind.

Nice.
Are you going to seal up the fibreglass insulation around the air con flexi duct going into the cool room?
It's just going to get wet and breed mould and bacteria if it's exposed.

Nice! Glad to see someone build one before I start mine. Just curious how cool the top box stays without a fan? Also, have you considered running an air return so you get a nice circular flow of air going?

I really like this, we are putting together a kegging system for our shop and I might steal this idea.

Latest posts

Back