Wachusett Imperial Pumpkin Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz4121

Reaction score
Just read on this twitter/beer advocate today. Wachusett is a pretty solid MA microbrewery and I'm very excited to try this one:

http://beeradvocate.com/news/3951151

Westminster, MA (July 2011) - Wachusett Brewing Company is releasing their newest beer, an Imperial Pumpkin Ale. This will be the fourth release in their line-up of 22 oz. beers and will hold the title of the strongest beer they have ever brewed at 8% ABV.

The Imperial Pumpkin will be an ale brewed with pumpkin puree and accented with Belgian Candi Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Ginger. It will contain a generous amount of Two Row Barley blended with Carmel Malt and then fermented with Northwest Yeast, creating a unique profile for any fall beer drinker.

The Imperial Pumpkin will hit the coolers, shelves and select draft locations in early August, with a release party held at the brewery on August 11th, 2011. The brewer is located on 175 State Road East Westminster, MA. For more information on the release party, visit their website at wachusettbrew.com.

About Wachusett Brewing Company
Wachusett Brewery founders Ned, Kevin and Quinny developed a significant appreciation for beer while attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Adventures in biking, canoeing, and hiking that led the trio to the northern New England states allowed them to visit some of the first operating craft breweries. Armed with a "we can do this" attitude the three cast off from their careers in engineering and biology to found the Wachusett Brewing Co. in 1993. Wachusett Country Ale was introduced to beer fans of Massachusetts the next year after lots of experimenting to get the formula just right. When Wachusett opened, the three designed and built most of the equipment; did the brewing and filling, selling and delivering, and everything else that a small startup brewery needed.

sounds sweet... do u know how much pumpkin? im making a 5 gal batch with 5-6lbs of it in a pumpkin oktoberfest

I haven't found much information on it actually. It won't be released until August 11 and I can't find much information on the beer besides basic ingredients:

The Imperial Pumpkin will be an ale brewed with pumpkin puree and accented with Belgian Candi Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Ginger. It will contain a generous amount of Two Row Barley blended with Carmel Malt and then fermented with Northwest Yeast, creating a unique profile for any fall beer drinker.

I have read that the more pumpkin the beer for homebrews though. I make a pumpkin ale that has 3 pounds of puree and mash with 1 decent sizes whole pumpkin.

I'll let you know how it tastes when I get my hands on some.

Latest posts

Back