Volunteering at beer festivals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexbanner

Reaction score
If you've never volunteered at a beer festival, do it. It's awesome. I've done one twice now and it normally costs 40 bucks to attend. If you volunteer, you get in free one day, and you can stay after your 4 hour shift on the day you volunteer.

No one minds if you drink on the "job," and I always enjoy my time pouring beer. I've worked the Heavy Seas/Clipper City and Allagash tents. All-you-can-drink Curieux: needless to say I got pretty ripped.

If you have the chance, go for it.

I volunteer at a bunch of the festivals in Portland. It's always a good time (just try not pick the Friday or Saturday night shift when a lot of people are drunk and can be asshats) and then you get free beer!

I volunteer at a bunch of the festivals in Portland. It's always a good time (just try not pick the Friday or Saturday night shift when a lot of people are drunk and can be asshats) and then you get free beer!

We have the right to refuse to serve anyone. I've only done it once, when some lame guy rudely interrupted me while I was chatting someone up. Speaking of that, there are some pretty good-looking girls that show up, and naturally, a lot of them get drunk. I made out with a hot 35-year old with D cups last time. :rockin: Not trying to brag, but it was one of the cooler things I've done at age 23.

I have volunteered at 2 brewfests in my town. The first was great, everything was awesome, I got to meet managers and brewers in the business and get free swag from them. (And coupons to their breweries).

The second was poorly planned. There were too many people and too little beer. I volunteered to take the first 3-hour shift out of the two 3 hour shifts. I ended up pouring 4.5 hours because my replacement was late. By the time I got replaced, most places were out of beer and my replacement only had to pour for a half hour until they ran out of beer as well.

Grr... ranting. Anyways, better planned brewfests can be great, and I highly recommend them. I just don't know if I will volunteer for that second one again.

There is a small brewfest held around here twice a year, and I love volunteering at it! Even the time I got to man the Long Trail booth alone, it was five deep all night, and I ended up being the only table left with beer at the end of the night. It was awesome!

Free samples all night. Making people happy giving them beer. If I'm lucky I can take a case or two home at the end of the night. Though I never hooked up with any of the various hot drunk chicks that inevitably come around.

Back