Viva Las Vegas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yahoofx

Reaction score
Whats going on everyone. I'm sorta newish to the homebrewing scene, have about I think 7 brews under my belt now. Switched to all grain after the 3rd, and have been loving it since. Looking forward to being active in discussions and learning from yall.

About me: 9 year Navy vet (got out in 2006), Las Vegas (not fun for wort chilling), I favor ales and darks like porters/stouts, I brew from an Anvil Foundry 10.5.

Welcome! Sounds like you've got the brewing bug most of us suffer from!

Chilling must be a PIA out there in the desert!

Welcome! Sounds like you've got the brewing bug most of us suffer from!

Chilling must be a PIA out there in the desert!
Yes and no. I use a cooler with some ice water in it. First I cool to around 90F with ground hose water and then to 65 with chilled water from the cooler using a submersible pump.

Yes and no. I use a cooler with some ice water in it. First I cool to around 90F with ground hose water and then to 65 with chilled water from the cooler using a submersible pump.

Nice! I have some family out there...they invited me out to work at their restaurant every summer to come work at their restaurant (now closed, they sold years ago) i always regretted never getting out there!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from Colorado :mug:

That is exactly what I was thinking I would recommend for cooling in the desert.

Back