Tennessee Visiting Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge looking for good beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmcc75

Reaction score
Hello hbt community. My wife and I are taking a trip to TN in the next few days and I'm looking to get some good local beer. Anyone have any suggestions? Alternatively if anyone knows of a semi regional brewery that distributes to the area so I could pick some up. Thanks in advance!

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is not a great place for beers but it's getting a little better. The only brewery I'm aware of in the Gatlinburg area is Smokey Mountain Brewery. I really like their porter. There other beers are OK but nothing special IMO.

As for local beers, any of the saisons by Blackberry Farms are outstanding. Yazoo has a smoked porter (Sue) and a Flanders red that I like. Wiseacre also has some nice ones.

If you can get to Knoxville, Crafty Bastard, Schultz Brau, and Alliance breweries are good. And if you head just a little east there's Asheville.

YeeHaw has some decent offerings. I have heard good things about BlueTick in Maryville. Lots of good "moonshine" distilleries but beer is lacking in that area. I second heading further east to Asheville.

I've been to Smokey Mountain Brewery a couple of times in Gatlinburg. The beers are decent and the Buffalo shrimp is awesome!

Back