Virginia Homebrew Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aunt_Ester

Reaction score
So I was at my LHBS and I noticed their franchise was sponsoring a homebrew festival in Chapel Hill, NC and inviting homebrewers to donate and serve beer to the public in return to enter a homebrew competition and free entry. The public was paying ~20 a ticket and received a number of tastes and a chance to vote to nominate and vote for the best beers. There was also a raffle. http://homebrewforhunger.com/

I'm bringing this to light because I'm curious if anyone knows where to look up legislation or who to write to ask about putting on such a production. My first guess would be to put in a call to an ABC agent. Any ideas? I think an annual event like this would receive a lot of support here in VA.

Yes, very cool. Do you have a link to the one in NC? I think if VA did something like this it would be a big success.

I just posted about this. It is Homebrew for Hunger. All proceeds to a local foodbank. Fifth Season (gardening and LHBS) in Chapel Hill NC and Charlottesville VA put it on. Dates just announced. Cville last year was great, will be there again this year, with more brews!

Back