Vintner's Harvest fruit bases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceegar

Reaction score
I purchased a can of Vintners Harvest Loganberry fruit wine base. Has anyone else used these and do they make good wine?

I was going to attempt a full bodied Loganberry wine (3 Gal batch). What yeast would you recommend for this? Again, my palette hasn’t evolved yet, so I prefer my wines with around a 5-6% RS and I don’t want any of my wine to be carbonated either (not sure how they get it that way but I don’t want mine ending up like that). Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide.

I would just use the recommended yeast that is listed on the recipe. I have made the plum wine - 5 gallon recipe. It is not ready yet, so I don't know how it is. I also am making the elderberry with 3 gallon recipe. I think I will be happier with the 3 gallon recipe. I would just follow what is on the can, including the kind of yeast.

I like to use a yeast like premier cuvee for blackberry wine, cotes de blanc for lighter fruity wines. Since loganberries are like blackberries (aren't they? we don't have them here) I'd use either cotes des blancs (red star) or Lalvin K1-V1116 (Montpellier) to bring out the fruitiness of the wine. If you don't have those available, champagne yeast (Red Star and Lalvin both make good champagne yeast) is good and works very well with all fruit wines.

Back