Video Brewtarget 1.0b (free, open source brewing software)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

rocketman768

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh4GWI_EUxE]YouTube - Brewtarget 1.0b Demonstration[/ame]

Think there's any use for this around here? Completely free and open source. Works in Linux, Mac, and Windows (this demo is Linux/Ubuntu). The website is at sourceforge. However, this version has not yet been released, but it will be very soon.

z987k

Reaction score
hmm, I've only ever used qbrew on linux, but I'll look this up and give it a shot.

kaiser423

Reaction score
I'll install it. Are we compiling from source, or are you doing ubuntu releases or what?

:rockin:

If I had some spare time, I'd mos def help. We'll see if something itches at me when I use it. Might see a patch coming from me :)

OP
rocketman768

rocketman768

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll install it. Are we compiling from source, or are you doing ubuntu releases or what?

:rockin:

If I had some spare time, I'd mos def help. We'll see if something itches at me when I use it. Might see a patch coming from me :)
I'm definitely looking for C++/Qt developers. Since I haven't compiled the version shown in the video for the different platforms, you'll have to get the source in the subversion repository on its webpage. Just use the normal "./configure && make && make install".

obezyana1

Reaction score
Nice looking program that seems pretty simple to use and straightforward. I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks!

z987k

Reaction score
so why did I need to do that? Shouldn't ./ execute it regardless of the permissions?

z987k

Reaction score
as to the software, a suggestion would be to allow for drop downs in the ingredients list instead of having to go to the side and hit add.

SumnerH

Reaction score
so why did I need to do that? Shouldn't ./ execute it regardless of the permissions?
No, ./configure will execute it regardless of whether you have . in your PATH or not (having it is generally a bad idea, though not a big deal on a non-shared computer).

It still needs to be executable, or run through the interpreter explicitly.