Veterans Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment to thank all the veterans here on HBT. Without your sacrifice, America would be a very different place. I think that this quote is appropriate:

Those who live today remember those who do not. Those who know freedom remember today those who gave up life for freedom.

Today, in honor of the dead, we conduct ceremonies. We lay wreaths. We speak words of tribute. And in our memories, in our hearts, we hold them close to us still. Yet we also know, even as their families knew when they last looked upon them, that they can never be fully ours again, that they belong now to God and to that for which they so selflessly made a final and eternal act of devotion.
We could not forget them. Even if they were not our own, we could not forget them. For all time, they are what we can only aspire to be: giving, unselfish, the epitome of human love -- to lay down one's life so that others might live.

Ronald Reagan

08poster.jpg

I too want to thank to all who have answered the call to serve freedom. Every time tryany is opposed means freedom grows for all.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." T Jefferson.

I will add; Please pray for those who are currently serving at home and abroad.

Thanks to all our Vets everywhere!

I served, but can not consider myself a Veteran as I never served during a conflict or War period of time.

My son however has (two tours in Irag and more to come).

I am proud to be an American! I always will be.

Salute! :mug:

On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 the Germans signed the armistice to signify the end of major hostilities of WWI. That was 90 years ago today. There are only an estimated 10 veterans of WWI still living today worldwide (story here). Just a thought for the day.

A very heartfelt THANK YOU to all Veterans. You are the reason we have the rights that we enjoy today. Simply Thank You and I will raise a glass tonight in your honor.

SD

Yes, great thanks to our veterans!

Last night, we had a guest speaker at my son's Cub Scout pack meeting. He was a forward observer in Korea, and survived three and a half months in that position back in 1952. If you know anything about field artillery, you know that most FOs don't survive at all. He had some great stories to tell.

TL

I served, but can not consider myself a Veteran as I never served during a conflict or War period of time.

I'd say if you have a DD214 you are a vet (and I suspected the VA would agree). Thank you for your service.

Thanks To ALL of the troops!

For those that don't yet participate, see the link in my sig line. We brew to welcome home those that have served!
Let us NEVER forget the sacrifice these brave Men and Women have made, and let us NEVER shun a Soldier, as a Soldier IS our real life hero.

Thanks for all that you do!

Thanks. Its people like you all that always give me that warm fuzzy inside. Wow I did not think about this but today is Veterans day, I am a recent Vet, and I am taking my dog to the Vet in an hour.

Yes. Thanks to all of our soldiers, past and present.

I heard a guy at work yesterday kinda bashing Veterans Day and the soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan. Well, a few guys(one of which who was a Marine that just got home and discharged after he was shot several times on a mountainside in Northern Afghanistan) overheard and set him straight. I thought the guy was going to cry when they were done with him.

Regardless of a person's personal position on war, these soldiers deserve nothing but our respect. If you're going to hate......Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Cheers Boys and Girls!:mug:

And yes, the WHBMP is an excellent way to show our gratitude to our fellow troops.
SWMBO and I have a box that we're mailing out this weekend to Iraq, full of snacks, baby wipes, shampoo, toiletries, batteries, etc.

Regardless of a person's personal position on war, these soldiers deserve nothing but our respect. If you're going to hate......Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Cheers Boys and Girls!:mug:

That was a nice quote Tally, and quite deserving.

Thanks to all the people past and present who have served and are serving our respective countrys to preserve our way of life and comfort.
I think about your sacrifices not only on rememberance day, but on a continous basis.

nov11.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'd say if you have a DD214 you are a vet (and I suspected the VA would agree). Thank you for your service.

Yes, do not down grade your service my friend. You made the same commitment as the rest of us. Peace or War, our military is equally important and respected. Thank you!

Back