Veteran's Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopTrap

Reaction score
I want to thank all of my fellow veterans on HBT who have served or are still serving.

Cheers to you!

and

Semper Fidelis!

:mug:

Already enjoying my first veterans day (425 CA BN OIF 08-09) and sending my prayers to my brothers and sisters in harms way right now

enjoying another veterans day here in michigan! CSC 1st/4th inf div hohenfels, germany 3/91-3/93 and HQ 194th SAB FT Knox, Ky 4/93-11/94

scouts out!

For the first time in a long time, I have Veteran's Day off (I'm usually off on Wednesdays).

I got home on October 1, 1983. Wow- I've been out of the Army over 26 years now. The Kaserne where I was stationed Frankfurt is long gone, and my unit was dismantled in the early 90s. (3rd Armored Division, V Corps)

Now my son is talking about joining. Life does change.

Happy Veteran's Day...as well as Armistice Day...and on 11/11 at 11:11 Fasching begins!!!

Basic Training - Ft Ord, CA, June 1972

AIT (Artillery) - Ft Sill, OK, Aug 1972

NJ NG, Atlantic City/Tuckerton, NJ - 1972 - 1973

Alpha Btry, 1/82d FA, XVIII Airborne Corps, Ft Bragg, NC - to Dec 1974

Charlie Btry, 1/36FA, Augsburg, Germany - Feb 1975 - Feb 1979

Alpha Btry, 1/73d FA, XVIII Airborne Corps, Ft Bragg, NC - Feb 1979 - June 1980

Dept of the Army Civilian - 1981 to present...served in Communications and Electronics Command, Ft monmouth, NJ; Rock Island, IL; 82nd Airborne Div, Ft Bragg, NC; Bamberg, Germany (two tours to Kosovo during this time); and back to the Rock.
35+ years and counting. Planning on retiring in Jan or Feb...(about 120 days from now). :mug:

USN 72-79 Had one Veteran's Day off in my working career. I'm glad national service is regaining the honorable place in the public eye, that it so richly deserves.

Thank you all who have served our great county.

Amen! I proudly raised OUR FLAG in my front yard this morning before heading to the office in celebration and remembrance of our veterans.

Freedom is more than being able to go where you want, when you want and it is NOT free. It is paid for with the blood, sweat and tears of Veterans and their families.

"E Pluribus Unum" means NOT celebrating diversity, but celebrating unity. "United We Stand. Divided We Fall!"

"One Nation Under God" is the foundation for the Declaration of Independence. Without God, only the government has the power to grant you unalienable rights.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Note that nowhere does it guarantee them or say the government will provide or supplement them.

Sorry, got on my soapbox a bit. I hear things everyday that lead me to believe that many people forget these things or take them for granted. :)

To those who have served, THANK YOU!

To those still serving, THANK YOU, and my families thoughts and prayers are with you every day.

To the families of those who have lost their lives while serving, THANK YOU! Your losses are not felt by you alone.

Here's the cake from the chow hall at VBC in Baghdad.

BaghdadVeteransDay003resize.jpg

To those who have served, THANK YOU!

To those still serving, THANK YOU, and my families thoughts and prayers are with you every day.

To the families of those who have lost their lives while serving, THANK YOU! Your losses are not felt by you alone.
Well said. I never served, but certainly thank all who have/are/will. :mug:

Celebrating rememberance day here in canada, same deal different name. I have a lot of respect for the military. we remember and thank you all every day, especially today!

I am also very thankful for the 77 bucks an hour I am making for working today as well.

Happy Remembrance Day to all Canadians and eyes right to all our military personnel past and present.

Thank you so very much to all the veterans who served or are serving our great country. Thank you for protecting and defending our freedom. The government isn't what makes this country great, its the people who live here. I salute you and raise a pint in your honor. Prost!

As a Veteran I say THANK YOU to all you that support the military!

With out your support soldiers past and present would not have worked so hard to make this our countries(canada included) what they are.

Your Support keeps the soldiers fighting and gives them a reason to continue !!!!

-Jason

SSG U.S. Army
2000-today

Latest posts

Back