very little carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

G-pa

Reaction score
I am new to extract brewing I am starting my 4th batch (liberty cream ale) my first two were irish red and the 3rd was honey weizen ( all extract) they all tasted fairly well , the irish reds had little carbonation and the honey weizen had VERY little all were 1 week in primary , 2 in secondary and three in the bottle at 68-70 deg. I primed with 3/4 cup corn sugar boiled with 1 cup water and mixed well . The bottles were on a table(not the floor) , the same place as the primary and secondary fermentation it seemed to be fermenting very well there @ 68 -70 deg

and the carbonation.it does have, does not last long at all. and I cleaned the glasses and rinsed

any suggestions as to what am might be doing wrong? I thought about using muntons carb drops but dont know if that will help me anyg-pa

culaslucas

Reaction score
I had a batch that didn't carbonate well - I just shook them up and let them sit for another week or so and they came out nicely.

OP
G-pa

G-pa

Reaction score
that is what Iam doing as we speak (it is just odd that all three batches were like that)

oinyo

Reaction score
Did you make sure when you cap the bottles it is fully sealed?
Try using a hot glue gun to seal the cap on all sides to the bottle to air tighten it. If you do this to 1 bottle and notice it carbs perfectly where the rest do not you may want to switch to this. Its what I do and every beer is perfect now.

* edit.. this may just be because my caper sucks.. yours may as well though by the sounds of it :p

Latest posts