[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. My pours.php from the legitimate v2.0.1 release doesn't look like yours. It doesn't even attempt to populate the time values, leaving them NULL by default, which I reckon is why modding the table worked for me...

Cheers!

My change:

# diff pours.php pours.php.orig
53c53
< $qry = "INSERT INTO pours(tapId, pinId, amountPoured, pulses, createdDate, modifiedDate) values ('".$taps[0]."','".$PIN."','".$amount."','".$PULSE_COUNT."', NOW(), NOW() )";
---
> $qry = "INSERT INTO pours(tapId, pinId, amountPoured, pulses, createdDate, modifiedDate) values ('".$taps[0]."','".$PIN."','".$amount."','".$PULSE_COUNT."', 'NOW()', 'NOW()' )";

There may have been some beer being pours.. for science.. of course! :mug:

Thanks for the bug report, I've updated my github repository with a fix in the master branch. This will be part of the next release.

Since you know your way around diff's and stuff, you can also (next time) use github to report a issue, and just link it here. Makes it easier to track, easier to upload log files, diff's, etc :)
https://github.com/HentschelT/RaspberryPints

Cheers,
-Th

OK, so I've restarted from scratch and can't make it past the first upgrade. Get: dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: files list file for package 'libraspberrypi-doc' contains empty filename E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

Any ideas? Or where to go from here?

Edit: re-imaged drive and made it past that part, now I'm seeing "it has the wrong magic bytes at the start" scroll by, not sure what that was for.

Edit: Once it was done, rebooted and ran update and upgrade again, nothing to update. Continued on to the next step. Error: ldconfig: /usr/lib/libxfce4ui - 1.so.0.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

Thanks

OK, so I've restarted from scratch and can't make it past the first upgrade. Get: dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: files list file for package 'libraspberrypi-doc' contains empty filename E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

Any ideas? Or where to go from here?

Edit: re-imaged drive and made it past that part, now I'm seeing "it has the wrong magic bytes at the start" scroll by, not sure what that was for.

Edit: Once it was done, rebooted and ran update and upgrade again, nothing to update. Continued on to the next step. Error: ldconfig: /usr/lib/libxfce4ui - 1.so.0.0.0 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

Thanks

Try another SD card, I think this one is shot...

Cheers,
-Th

Thought I'd post this here since I haven't seen mention of it. A user added new code that allows you to track pours by clicking buttons on Raspberry Pints. Here is the link to the post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/comments/448ujz/raspberry_pints_with_buttons/

This is really handy for those of us that don't have flow meters but would like to track keg levels even if it won't be perfectly accurate.

Here is a screenshot of my heavily modified Raspberry Pints using his code

RPints.jpg

Thought I'd post this here since I haven't seen mention of it. A user added new code that allows you to track pours by clicking buttons on Raspberry Pints. Here is the link to the post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/comments/448ujz/raspberry_pints_with_buttons/

This is really handy for those of us that don't have flow meters but would like to track keg levels even if it won't be perfectly accurate.

Here is a screenshot of my heavily modified Raspberry Pints using his code
I could see this being a great option for the RPints system. Maybe there could be an option in the Admin section where you could select: Don't Track Pours, Track Pours without Flowmeters and Track Pours with Flowmeters.

Thanks for posting this.

I had the same problem at first.
Make sure you flow meter is not sagging below the beer line when it comes up to your keezer

Also instead of 3 ft I coiled up a 10 ft and this resolved the problem.

I had the same problem at first.
Make sure you flow meter is not sagging below the beer line when it comes up to your keezer.
Also instead of 3 ft I coiled up a 10 ft and this resolved the problem.

And this was a response to...?

Sans a flow control faucet, 3 foot beer lines will never provide satisfaction, flow meters or none...

Cheers!

I believe this was the post Mafoley was referring to when talking about lines and flow meter placement.
I was wondering where along the beer line people have placed the flow meter?

I am getting 3/4 pours of foam on all pours but if I switch the same keg over to the other tap without a flow meter it pours fine. I have 10 foot 3/16th beer lines with the flow meter installed about 3 foot from where line connects to faucet shank. The beer line from the flow meter to faucet has no coils etc. just straight to the faucet.

I am using this flow meter:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QC6LI6Q/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, good call, I missed that one.

fwiw, my SF800 meters are 12" from the keg Out post and 12 feet from the faucets, with the slack in the latter line coiled atop the kegs.

brewpints_47.jpg

Zero issues...

Cheers!

I'm hoping someone can help me out...I just recently set up my raspberry pi (not pi 2) with wheezy and raspberry pints 2.0.1 and I didn't change the keyboard layout, so I was not about to find the @ key, to enter in my proper email address on the webpage admin screen...and the user name and password I thought I input doesn't seem to work when i try to log into web browser from another PC on the same network, when I click on the "your brewery logo goes here" part of the web page.

is there anything that I can do to get into it? or if not, how do I reload to start it over again....it sure was a challenge trying to get Jessie to work, but couldn't find a way to get chromium...and then I searched this thread and found lots of talk about using wheezy since it did still have chromium...

thanks for any help.

I'm hoping someone can help me out...I just recently set up my raspberry pi (not pi 2) with wheezy and raspberry pints 2.0.1 and I didn't change the keyboard layout, so I was not about to find the @ key, to enter in my proper email address on the webpage admin screen...and the user name and password I thought I input doesn't seem to work when i try to log into web browser from another PC on the same network, when I click on the "your brewery logo goes here" part of the web page.

is there anything that I can do to get into it? or if not, how do I reload to start it over again....it sure was a challenge trying to get Jessie to work, but couldn't find a way to get chromium...and then I searched this thread and found lots of talk about using wheezy since it did still have chromium...

thanks for any help.

Take a look at /var/www/includes/config.php

Cheers,
-Th

Take a look at /var/www/includes/config.php

Cheers,
-Th

I will do that tonight, thanks...I'm new to raspberrypi's, is there a file viewer, like windows explorer to find files, and then a viewer? I think I used nano doing one sudo command to edit for my display size.

also, I have my pi desktop set up to fit my tv for now, and its filling the entire screen...but when I brought up the pi after a reboot, the tap list took more then the TV screen size. any tips or suggestions on how to make it all fit nicely?

:tank:

I will do that tonight, thanks...I'm new to raspberrypi's, is there a file viewer, like windows explorer to find files, and then a viewer? I think I used nano doing one sudo command to edit for my display size.

in a terminal:
Code:
more /var/www/includes/config.php

Cheers,
-Th

dwygrsshpr said:
The one thing that got me was the keyboard layout so edit it:
Code:
sudo leafpad /etc/defaults/keyboard
replace the 'gb' with 'us' and save/quit. Reboot now if you would like to have the changes take affect.

In addition to messing with the basic config file to adjust your display, you can also zoom the kiosk display in Chromium to best fill the available space.

In addition to messing with the basic config file to adjust your display, you can also zoom the kiosk display in Chromium to best fill the available space.

just a slight change, on mine atleast on Wheezy, it is:

sudo leafpad /etc/default/keyboard

many thanks for helping me get that one fixed up...

I'm looking in the config.php file, but I don't see anything that looks like a username and password... :(

I'm looking in the config.php file, but I don't see anything that looks like a username and password... :(

ok, misunderstood you at first, thought you'd lost the database password (just re-read, you actually want the user password). That password is md5'd in the database, so you won't be able to see that in plain text.

BUT, here is a solution, I think:

in config.php, see see a statement that starts with:
$link = mysql_connect('localhost'... ?

what follows is the login and password for the actual database. Use phpmyadmin to modify the user database and set the email correctly.

* With a web browser, call up http://<your.pi.ip.addr>/phpmyadmin
* use the login and password from above.
* click on the 'raspberrypints' database on the left
* click on the 'users' table on the left
* click on the 'edit' link for the user you want to change
* change the email address (DON'T change the password), then click 'go'

now use the normal mechanism for password recovery

Cheers,
-Th

ok, misunderstood you at first, thought you'd lost the database password (just re-read, you actually want the user password). That password is md5'd in the database, so you won't be able to see that in plain text.

BUT, here is a solution, I think:

in config.php, see see a statement that starts with:
$link = mysql_connect('localhost'... ?

what follows is the login and password for the actual database. Use phpmyadmin to modify the user database and set the email correctly.

Cheers,
-Th

wonderful, thanks, trying now...I hope I don't have to wipe it and start fresh again...for the third time, LOL...

UPDATE:

so I edited my config.php file with the leafpad editor and mine shows this, in that line:

$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'beers', ' ');
mysql_select_db('raspberrypints');
}

I brought up the phpmyadmin page, and I tried a username of beers, with a blank password, it says "Login without a password is forbidden by configuration (see AllowNoPassword)".

I tried with a blank user name and a password of beers, same thing.

thanks for all your help CaptnDelta

I also found this post when I googled this issue, and I'm not able to figure out how to open the file and get the drop down to clear data:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=5945491&postcount=505

I had a problem with the initial setup of my pints, and the following post helped me.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/init...ml#post5927896
from the pi
Quote:
go to localhost/install/index.php and selecting "Clear Data" from the drop down and enter the DB root password
This basically reset raspberry pints setup to recreate the logon for raspberry pints. There are two other passwords you set up, one for the logon to the pi itself (default is u/p pi/raspberry) and the second is the DB pw you setup with the LAMP installation.

wonderful, thanks, trying now...I hope I don't have to wipe it and start fresh again...for the third time, LOL...

Don't think you do, there a a few more tricks if this for some reason wasn't working. make sure you enter a proper email address, and that your pi has internet access when doing the password recovery stuff.

Cheers,
-Th

UPDATE:

so I edited my config.php file with the leafpad editor and mine shows this, in that line:

$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'beers', ' ');
mysql_select_db('raspberrypints');
}

I brought up the phpmyadmin page, and I tried a username of beers, with a blank password, it says "Login without a password is forbidden by configuration (see AllowNoPassword)".

I tried with a blank user name and a password of beers, same thing.

thanks for all your help CaptnDelta

ugh, empty pass for the pints user, funny. There is another user/password you can try, check out
/var/www/admin/includes/configp.php

And last not least, there is one more:
/var/www/admin/includes/conn.php

Don't wipe out the DB just yet...

Cheers,
-Th

ugh, empty pass for the pints user, funny. There is another user/password you can try, check out
/var/www/admin/includes/configp.php

And last not least, there is one more:
/var/www/admin/includes/conn.php

Don't wipe out the DB just yet...

Cheers,
-Th

you are the best, thanks again...trying those spots now.

so, i am just using the file explorer, the filing cabinet icon, with two drawers...and then navigating to those locations and right click open with leafpad....just so that you know how I'm getting to the info, just in case that matters...:mug:

:confused:

both spots are the same:

username: "beers"
password: "" - blank, not a space, i put the cursor in between the quotation marks, and there isn't a space in there, just in case...just nothing.

I tried logging into the your logo goes here with beers and no password, filed...myphpadmin the samething.

not sure how i messed this one up soo badly...sorry for the troubles.:(

ok, so I found where this is now:

from the pi
Quote:
go to localhost/install/index.php and selecting "Clear Data" from the drop down and enter the DB root password

from a web browser, go to your_ip/install/index.php or on the pi, localhost/install/index.php

got it, now I see the cleardata in the drop down, which is funny, cuz its the only thing in there right now...LOL

but I don't want to wipe it just yet, in case we an come up with a way to save it CaptnDelta...I'm willing to keep trying...I hate having a problem, without knowing how to fix it...

ok, so I found where this is now:

from the pi
Quote:

from a web browser, go to your_ip/install/index.php or on the pi, localhost/install/index.php

got it, now I see the cleardata in the drop down, which is funny, cuz its the only thing in there right now...LOL

but I don't want to wipe it just yet, in case we an come up with a way to save it CaptnDelta...I'm willing to keep trying...I hate having a problem, without knowing how to fix it...

Again, clearing the DB doesn't get you much progress. Since you got no passwords set during install, we have to set phpmyadmin to allow password-less log in.

from a terminal:
sudo nano /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

search for the line that says:
// $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = TRUE;

remove the '//' in front (the // comments that line out and disables it, we want it enabled). This statement may be in there twice, do this to both occurrences.
Save the file, make sure it gets saved (Ctrl-O and Ctrl-X). Double check that the change was actually made.

Then try to log in again via phpmyadmin, leave the password blank this time. See how it goes.

Cheers,
-Th

Again, clearing the DB doesn't get you much progress. Since you got no passwords set during install, we have to set phpmyadmin to allow password-less log in.

from a terminal:

remove the '//' in front (the // comments that line out and disables it, we want it enabled). This statement may be in there twice, do this to both occurrences.
Save the file, make sure it gets saved (Ctrl-O and Ctrl-X). Double check that the change was actually made.

Then try to log in again via phpmyadmin, leave the password blank this time. See how it goes.

Cheers,
-Th

sounds good CaptnDelta...I will try this out tonight and let you know.

Not nearly as cool as some of builds in here. Actually quite plain compared to most. I have it set to display the fermentation going on in my other room when there is nothing in the keezer (and nothing is in there right now, hence the brewpi). Also doubles as a kitchen computer when needed.

Slowly getting close to my goals of having screens everywhere in my house. LOL.

IMG_20160216_221725.jpg

I currently have pints set up with flow meters on a Pi model B 512k. I need a Pi model B for another project, so rather than buy an older model, I figured I'd upgrade my current Pi that will run pints and eventually BrewPi to the current Pi model 2. How does the Alamode board couple with the newer Pi? Do I need an extension for the headers or will my current Alamode board simply plug into the new Pi?

The AlaMode plays just fine with the Model 2 - I've had two such setups running since the 2 came out.

If you update your existing micro-SD card for Model 2 compatibility you could literally swap the processor modules and be up and running immediately.
If your existing card is not a micro, you could clone it...

Cheers!

from a terminal:

Cheers,
-Th

ok this did it....I'm into phpmyadmin now...I'm going to go thru your notes now in previous posts to find what i'm supposed to do next, LOL

thanks again, soo much CaptnDelta

I'M IN!!!! I'M IN!!!!

thanks soo much CaptnDelta & everyone else for all of your help during this trying time, ;)...this worked once I was able to get into the phpmyadmin, to get into my DB and update my user record with my email address.

Thanks to Guper in post 1686, I printed a case for my Pi and alamode. Works great. Probably will buy another alamode board however. Even with the extra long headers, the alamode doesn't like to seat firmly. I might try to de-solder and push it lower, but for the aggravation, a new board sounds easier.

Also, my swissflow meters came with an extra short pigtail. Anyone know what kind of connector that is called? I can root around digi-key or Newark to get something to connect; I really don't want to solder/shrinkwrap if I can avoid it.

swissflow.jpg

Printed Case 1.jpg

Printed Case 2.jpg

Thanks to Guper in post 1686, I printed a case for my Pi and alamode. Works great. Probably will buy another alamode board however. Even with the extra long headers, the alamode doesn't like to seat firmly. I might try to de-solder and push it lower, but for the aggravation, a new board sounds easier.

Also, my swissflow meters came with an extra short pigtail. Anyone know what kind of connector that is called? I can root around digi-key or Newark to get something to connect; I really don't want to solder/shrinkwrap if I can avoid it.

I had an EE much more versed in connectors help identify it for me. He came up with Molex MKJ (MKJ is stamped on the connector). The companion part bein DigiKey Part number WM8288-ND .

I haven't ordered any yet to confirm, but I'd put my money on him being correct. Let me know if you get them and the outcome!

Help,
I am new to Raspberry pi and the Raspberry Pints program so hopefully someone can get me up and running. Software and hardware seem to be running fine but I cannot seem to install the Raspberry Pints Program. I have had several discussions with Shawn Kemp and he suggested I post my issue here while he gives it some thought of his own. I am stuck at step 7:RPints Configuration Wo/flow meters. I am at the top of the page "Installing the Database, Creating Connection Files". I entered IP address as it suggests and I was taken to "debian Apache2 Debian Default Page" this happens to be a document. Labeled index.html. Shawn, gave me a one line of code to remove this file and now I am stuck and do not know what should be done next. I can hook up my Raspberry pi wirelessly, or with a cat5 cable to the internet. I can search for files and type in lines of code so I know it is working correctly. I can also go to web sites such as google.com. I believe that once the database is loaded this tapper program will work but I'm sorry I don't know how to make that leap. I haven't programed in 30 years and back then it was Cobol and C++. So, needless to say I am a bit out of my element. Any help would be appreciated so I can get this program up and running and it can join my tapper in my bar area. Thank you.

I had an EE much more versed in connectors help identify it for me. He came up with Molex MKJ (MKJ is stamped on the connector). The companion part bein DigiKey Part number WM8288-ND .

I haven't ordered any yet to confirm, but I'd put my money on him being correct. Let me know if you get them and the outcome!

Those look absolutely correct. Only question is how to crimp them on and do I need something else. Also, will need cable. Might be worth opening up a dialogue with someone at digi to piece together everything I (we) need....

still rather new to the pints, but I was wondering if i'm doing something wrong, or if that is just how it works...

I enter in the beer in beers, then I go into taps and I pick my beer, but the info I entered in for my beer is not auto populated in the taps section for the specific beer...its able to look up the valid beers, just wondering why it doesn't also pick up the beer specific info also? or was it not meant to do that?

thanks for your help...and I really like having another toy to play with.

Back