Vent-matic Faucets Status?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the one constant through all of this has been Chicompany.
I'm a fan.

The other constant has been the actual Vent-matic history.
Total chaos and confusion - and that's being generous by not listing "nefarious" in the top two...

Cheers!

Gotta love an optimist, but reading the first six sentences with what's happened over the last few years makes that last sentence righteously speculative.

The odds are heavily in favor of breath-holders being totally doomed...

Cheers! ;)

I agree. Fortunately I managed to get my hands on four of the originals last year. I swapped out all my Perlicks for these & they're terrific!!

So i know this thread is old but I came across this on reddit and was interested in whats going on with these faucets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/comments/3j6sso/why_is_this_perlick_faucet_leaking/

It looks like they are directly for sale on this site again.

http://www.vent-matic.com/

Anyone have any experience ordering from them? I just finished my Kegerator/Ferm chamber build and it just needs taps. I was going to get Perlicks but I have seen a lot of hype about these faucets and figured i might be better off with them. If i'm going to spend 40-50 bucks a pop i may as well get the best of the best.

So i know this thread is old but I came across this on reddit and was interested in whats going on with these faucets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/comments/3j6sso/why_is_this_perlick_faucet_leaking/

It looks like they are directly for sale on this site again.

http://www.vent-matic.com/

Anyone have any experience ordering from them? I just finished my Kegerator/Ferm chamber build and it just needs taps. I was going to get Perlicks but I have seen a lot of hype about these faucets and figured i might be better off with them. If i'm going to spend 40-50 bucks a pop i may as well get the best of the best.

There's a lot of history, but the guy running that site is very crooked and dishonest in his business ventures. I would never buy from that site or support that guy.

I have perlick 630s and VentMatic faucets. I love my perlicks and have no problems with them. The VentMatic faucets are good too, but not worth supporting this guy over.

I say go with the 630s, you'll be really happy with them. As a matter of fact, call Matt owner of Chicompany.com. Tell him you're looking at either the perlicks or possibly ordering ventmatics from that website.

I bet he would work you out a deal on the 630s. Just talk to him and ask what he can do.

Any news on Vent-Matic? A friend sent me to their site around November/December and it was functional then, and now the link leads to a dead-end. I'm hoping to upgrade my faucets, but would like to know if Vent-Matic has a chance to come back before I go for Perlicks.

This is speculation, I suspect whomever holds the pertinent patent portfolio is licensing it to folks like Intertap...and may have gotten out of the manufacturing side entirely...

Cheers!

I got 4 of the vent matic faucets for a keezer build right before the company went down. I was emailing them about some 90 degree shanks and all of a sudden they stopped answering. Bummer about that. But i will say that I've never been happier with my faucets. They are great solid construction, don't stick, don't drip, all around awesome faucets. Wish those guys were still back in the game.

I e-mailed CHI company and asked about how the Ventmatic came to be again and they said that there was a time lapse clause in the law suit that has expired allowing manufacture of the faucets again. The law suit was apparently filed by the patent holder against Perlick.

For what it's worth, I think the Ventmatics are the best faucet available, or at least they were. I haven't seen a new one but I have 6 of the old ones that I got right before Ventmatic went out of business. Excellent quality and operation. The Perlick 525's, while serviceable, just don't operate to my liking. They have a huge "throw" to open and close them (a very long handle movement) compared to the Ventmatic. Plus, I don't think the seal is quite as solid when you close them. Just an opinion.
You might be happy to learn that the real Ventmatic product is being produced again by MCH Australia who bought manufacturing rights from the inventor in 2017. They are available now.

Looks like an Intertap with "Ultratap" branding. Even the Keg King link has "intertap" in it...
https://www.keg-king.com.au/intertap-ss-tap-only-stainless-steel.html.html

fwiw, Intertap faucets have been on the market since late 2015, iirc...

Cheers!
The Intertaps were copied from the Ventmatic designs without permission. The Ultratap has been done with the full co-operation of the patent holder and designer. They run rings around the copied ones that you have seen. MCH Australia is the only one that has the manufacturing rights and Keg King is the registered Australian trademark of MCH Australia.

Latest posts

Back