vanilla porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm1485

Reaction score
For my next brew I wanna make a vanilla porter. Anyone know any porter recipes that would go good with the vanilla. I was thinking I would add two vanilla beans to secondary. Anyone know what is better the beans or extract?

I like looking at Midwest's kits and lifting their recipes if I find the kit high in price compared to piecing it together. They are pretty good about not hiding what they are going to send you as a kit. I did their power packed porter and added a bit of gnome extract (2cc per 16oz bottle). It was too strong when I first did it, but it was good three months later. I'd cut it back to 1.5ish if I were to do it again because I'm impatient.

I have made two batches of Vanilla porter, a recipe that I pieced together, I used, two vanilla beans split and scraped and droped the scrapings, and bean carcass in the last 15 of the boil, then I put one bean split and scraped into the primary, I don't secondary, so I leave it for 3 weeks, and so far I can't make enough to keep up with demand, I got 6.5 gallons in primary now, and got another two to go before bottling. This will be a year around brew for me.

Back