Vanilla bean cream ale......need opinion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskers

Reaction score
I'm going to be attempting to clone a beer my wife enjoys that taste like cream soda.

I will obviously be using vanilla in this recipe but was wondering about using lactose to try and get that sweet cream flavor?

Any thoughts on this?

The vanilla bean blonde from infusion.

They just informed me there is no lactose in that beer I guess.

Yes, lactose wouldn't work well in a blonde, probably. If you want a little sweetness, maybe mash a little higher (if you're doing all grain) or steep a little caramel 20 (if you're doing extract).

If I were you, I would soak about 3-4 vanilla beans in some vanilla vodka and throw that into the secondary or keg.
I've made my fair share of vanilla beers, but I usually throw a little coffee bean into it so it's not so over the top sweet like Infusion's attempt

If I were you, I would soak about 3-4 vanilla beans in some vanilla vodka and throw that into the secondary or keg.
I've made my fair share of vanilla beers, but I usually throw a little coffee bean into it so it's not so over the top sweet like Infusion's attemp

Thanks.

My wife loves the stuff, I'm with you though.....to sweet.

I will do just what you told me.

Appreciate it.

I did something similar a few years back. Brewed a standard cream ale, and then added ~5 vanilla beans and a ton of sweet orange peel after fermentation subsided. I let that sit around for about two weeks and then kegged. Turned out to be a pretty darn good Dreamsicle Ale.

Latest posts

Back