Valves, keggle, drilling, question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau815

Reaction score
I have the bit from bargain fittings. I have one hole done and the battery drill quit on the second hole about 3/4ths done. I sanded the first hole and can get the bulkhead thru BARELY, it gets thicker in the middle and gets stuck... i sanded the hole with 80 grit but dont know it it helped.... anyway, i decided screw it im putting the valve in, used the longer side sticking out inside. As i tightened the o rings start squeezing out the side... do i not have to tighten the bulkhead superman tight? Also the titanium is wearing off the bit already, i hope its my drill thats quitting and not the bit.

ok so its ok that its not bolted down tight then? as long as its firmly tightened?

Take it easy on your bit. If you run it too fast you will harden the SS and ruin the bit faster then you can observe what just happened. It will go bad in the blink of an eye.

I like too use a pulsing motion on the trigger of the drill. Go, stop, go ,stop ect. Taking your time will actually get you through the SS faster. You might be surprised. I get long thin shavings when I drill. I myself don't like to use any lube with my step bit, but if you do. Use vegi oil cause your dealing with a food product.

Good Luck with the rest of your project.:mug:

think i ruined it and hardened the ss, just need to get the last two rings on the step bit on my last hole... hoping to borrow my bros corded drill, my battery one is not powerful enough. i didnt know about going slow i read use alot of weight on drill and go fast

think i ruined it and hardened the ss, just need to get the last two rings on the step bit on my last hole... hoping to borrow my bros corded drill, my battery one is not powerful enough. i didnt know about going slow i read use alot of weight on drill and go fast

I hope you make it. Just run that drill slow. I do use a lot of weight when I drill. But slower speed will drill the hole faster. If it isn't bad off.

Back