Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys
I'd like to talk to you about the Valve Mash. With it you can automate your brewing process, as well as increase control over pan temperature changes. The Valve is geared towards gas processes and works in flame control.
With it you automate the prceosso without having to change the current equipment, simply attach it.
Visit our website and learn more about the valve. We have free shipping to the United States.

smartmash.beer

Attachments

• Espaço reservado para texto (2).png
    Espaço reservado para texto (2).png
    107.1 KB · Views: 52
fwiw, https://www.smartmash.beer/

wrt the product, I don't see any provision for burner ignition. How does this manage a burner?
I also do not see any regulatory certification statements. I suspect that's going to be a problem selling to North America...

Cheers!

The valve is not certified because it is an electronic product, but the internal components are certified for working with propane. I wouldn't know how to tell you how an American certification works.
The first ignition is made by lighter or match, after which the user sets the minimum and maximum values for the flame, so the flame would only go out in case of wind. In any case, the valve has a propane sensor, if the flame goes out, the sensor detects the propane in the environment and closes the propane supply.

I have this video to illustrate how the valve works. It is in Portuguese but it is very simple

Thank you for your comment

With all due respect but being as frank as potentially explosive gas requires "the valve has a propane sensor, if the flame goes out, the sensor detects the propane in the environment and closes the propane supply" is not comforting given how far from the burner the "valve" may be located.

This product really needs a direct flame detector, if not full-blown automatic ignition. I suspect there'd be no chance of this meeting regulatory approval anywhere without the former...

Cheers!

A constant pilot isn't much different from your original plan of keeping the burner on but varying its output between your minimum and maximum control states (sort of a "constant burner"). If the "valve" is blind to the state of the pilot (or the burner sans pilot) and the pilot (or burner) blows out the valve still won't shut off the gas flow - until/if your propane sensor "smells" it. And if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction I suspect that propane sensor isn't going to work.

That just seems intrinsically deficient wrt safety. There needs to be a flame detector somewhere. If you add a pilot, sense the pilot flame. If no pilot, sense the burner flame...

Cheers!

Back