Value priced aluminum stock pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilserbrewer

BIAB Expert Tailor
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Just thought I would bump this link provided by Janet. These are good alum. pots at a value price! With lids!

Stockpot - Royal Palm Restaurant & Event Supply

60 qt. with lid
HPIM0534.jpg

holy crap, that is cheap. I just bought a turkey fryer that was a burner and a 7.5 gal pot for 39.99

I think this has been posted before, but with prices that low, post it everyday.

I bought a 60 quart pot for what their "regular" price was, and no lid. :mad:

Great deal

Wow a 60 quart for $43 with shipping. If you happen to live near them and can pick it up then it is only $30. Nice!

This site also has food container that might be good for grain storage. No pictures. Has anyone tried them?

Was about to place an order with Royal Palm, but don't see any web security indicators on their check out page. Any reason I should worry about this?

I ordered the 40qt pot a while ago and it arrived yesterday. I did notice that if you fill it above the holes where the handles are riveted on, it leaks. I don't think this will have any impact on how I plan to use it since I won't need to fill it that high but it is something to take into consideration.

Mine came with a lid.

I bought 2, eagerly awaiting them... There was a pic on another thread. I plan to use these to practice making an electric HLT and Boil Kettle.. Should be fun!

Seems kinda thin to me but the price is great. I just bought a 40qt for 3 times that price, but it was twice as thick.

Wish I'd known about that 4 months ago... Bought a 40qt for $100 from a local shop. Of course, I prefer shopping local when possible, but 70% cheaper would push me to buy it online...

Seems kinda thin to me but the price is great. I just bought a 40qt for 3 times that price, but it was twice as thick.
Sure, you can get a thicker wall, but the 1/8" (.125) thick wall is a lot better than the 1/32" (.031) of a turkey fryer and almost as good as the high priced pots with 4mm (.157).

There's a guy that sells these pots on Ebay even cheaper. He had a 100 qt listed earlier today for $50. The listing expired but just do a search on EBay for "100 qt pot" in a day or so and I bet they're back up since he had "over ten available".

They're what I built my AG rig out of. I bought four... (2) 100 qt pots for my HLT and BK and then an 80 qt and a 120 qt that I use for my MT... I mounted the 80 inside the 120 and spray foam insulated in between the two.... and that's my MT.

I emailed him and negogiated... I got all four pots for about $140.

See if this link for a pic works...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachments/f45/9823d1234763255-drunken-ramblngs-rig1.jpg

Sure, you can get a thicker wall, but the 1/8" (.125) thick wall is a lot better than the 1/32" (.031) of a turkey fryer and almost as good as the high priced pots with 4mm (.157).

I've used my buddies aluminum with 4mm walls and it was pretty flimsy. The one I bought had 6mm (.236) sides a 10 or 12mm bottom. It doesnt sound like much but a 1mm difference is quite a bit.

I've used my buddies aluminum with 4mm walls and it was pretty flimsy. The one I bought had 6mm (.236) sides a 10 or 12mm bottom. It doesnt sound like much but a 1mm difference is quite a bit.

Ouch..."flimsy". I agree completely, 6 mm is a much more robust pot. Don't think I would call this thing flimsy by any means.

This guy? $70 for a 60 quart shipped! $90 for the 100 qt. shipped. I'm sure you did well buying four...nice rig!

60 qt ALUM. COOKING POT w/ STRAINER - eBay (item 140306556059 end time Mar-19-09 06:51:19 PDT)

That's the guy but he had them a lot cheaper before...

Thanks for the compliment... it's not a very good pic but you can see how I used the strainers that came with the pots as well. I cut 'em up and used them as heat shields.

They're certainly not super thick but I don't get the tangible benefit of "thick" walls on these pots. The only pot that takes any heat is the boil kettle and with my burners, the flame is spread out as it is and I've never had any issues with scorching. It's not like a "thin" wall is going give way or something so I don't get the need to spend the extra money for a thicker walled pot.

Was about to place an order with Royal Palm, but don't see any web security indicators on their check out page. Any reason I should worry about this?

I was about to order today and noticed that also, kind of makes me anxious. But it seems like some people on here are having good luck with them so I will give it a shot!

Ouch..."flimsy". I agree completely, 6 mm is a much more robust pot. Don't think I would call this thing flimsy by any means.

Maybe flimsy wasn't the right word. i was going for something that meant not too sturdy feeling. It felt like, if I wanted to, I could bend the top closed with my hands.

I dont think a thicker pot is necessary by any means. At the most a thicker pot would probably hold heat in better and maybe transfer heat better(?) but I'm not sure. I just like having something that feels sturdy, even if I have to pay a little extra for it. It makes me feel like it will last the next 10 years.

I was about to order today and noticed that also, kind of makes me anxious. But it seems like some people on here are having good luck with them so I will give it a shot!

I use virtual account numbers for everything online. The number is only good for one vendor. If someone attempts to use it somewhere else, it won't work, and I get a call from my CC company.

B

. . . I did notice that if you fill it above the holes where the handles are riveted on, it leaks. . .
Also bought the 40qt. (For foul weather inside brewing. My 60qt won't fit under the microwave.) I did a 9 gallon water boil yesterday to see if the kitchen range would handle that volume and to condition the pot. I had the same problem with leaks around the handles. I'm thinking that the rivets weren't hit hard enough during manufacturing. Supporting from the inside and hammering the rivets on the outside might fix the leaks.

Also bought the 40qt. (For foul weather inside brewing. My 60qt won't fit under the microwave.) I did a 9 gallon water boil yesterday to see if the kitchen range would handle that volume and to condition the pot. I had the same problem with leaks around the handles. I'm thinking that the rivets weren't hit hard enough during manufacturing. Supporting from the inside and hammering the rivets on the outside might fix the leaks.

I have heard others say the same I did a test boil to season the Aluminum filled it right up to the upper rivets not a drip . The Kickabanjo worked great 46 minutes from hose to boil

boil7.JPG

My grandson approves

Lucas1.JPG

Well, finally got around to porting my 40qt aluminum pot yesterday and was disappointed.

Here’s a warning or at least a head’s up to anyone buying one of these. When you look at the top edge of the wall, it is indeed the 1/8” thick that they advertise. The trouble is that thickness only goes about 1” down the side before tapering down. I couldn’t get a good measurement, but I’d estimate that the actual wall thickness is no more than 1/16”. This is still twice that of the Bayou type turkey fryers, but certainly not what I was expecting.

Yeah, now I have to agree with the "flimsy" comment.
So much for truth in advertising! :mad:
(Edit: for $22 the proper cliché might be, “you get what you pay for!")

There's a fairly large radius at the bottom of the pot, so you have to mount your ball valve higher up the side. I used an brass elbow to get it to drain from closer to the bottom.
Did a test boil. No leaks! :ban:

40qt_AluminumPot.jpg

Well, finally got around to porting my 40qt aluminum pot yesterday and was disappointed.

Sorry to hear of your disapointment, perhaps you would have been better off shopping w/ a local vendor where you could have actually inspected and handled the pot prior to purchase, rather than purchasing an online clearance special for $22.

If you weigh the pot, I think it may be 1/8 average thickness?? Not really sure, but the bottom might be thicker to account for the thin sidewalls.

Back