VA group bulk grain buy #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carp
6x GW-PALE ($0.62)
2x GW-VIEN ($0.64)
1x GW-OMUN ($0.80)

Carp
6x GW-PALE ($0.62)
2x GW-VIEN ($0.64)
1x GW-OMUN ($0.80)

I would like to change the order above to the following:

10x GW-PALE ($0.62)
2x GW-VIEN ($0.64)
2x GW-OMUN ($0.80)

I added 4 bags of PALE, and 1 bag of OMUN.

Thanks

Jayhem - 2x GW 2-ROW

My order is pending that pickup time is not going to be the weekend of March 16th because I have a cousins wedding to go to that weekend.

thatfatbastard

2x BD-MOPA
2x BD-PALE
1x GW-VIEN

I'm in the same boat as Jayhem regarding pickup days (only I wasn't invited to the wedding for some reason), I'll also be unavailable April 6th.

Ok...the pallet is full. I will be contacting everyone by email with further info -- possibly later today, but most likely early next week.

Unfortunately, Country Malt will no longer sell to me at standard pricing, and is now insisting that I have to order from the homebrew catalog (HERE). I've updated the order list -- about 12 bags have been dropped, so the buy is reopened. The pricing isn't great, but some options are still cheaper than anywhere else I have access to. I'm still happy to organize it if there is enough interest.

I'll add a bag:

1xBZ-PILS

You might want to start another thread with the heading saying this has been re-opened. Could be people tried to get in on it and saw it was full and probably won't check the thread again. Just a thought. Or maybe post an update in the old buy #5 thread.

I don't think Country Malt realizes that this is going to hurt their business significantly. We who used to pay $30 + shipping for a 50 lb sack of 2-row are not going to continue to use the same quantity of 2-row if we have to pay $50-65 + tax to buy it from our LHBS. I will probably brew 20-30% less because of this since I have a fixed budget for homebrew expenses.

It sounds like local brew clubs could potential set themselves up as a distributor though, by establishing an account with Country Malt and provided a TIN for tax purposes. Country malt is a fool if they are going to turn down business of this volume...$10,000 a day + at least from homebrewer group buys across the east coast.

Does anyone know of a brew store in Central VA that sells bulk 2-row for <$50 a bag? Too bad Northern Brewer is in Iowa and Not VA...they sell 2-row for $35/bag if you pick it up.

Jayhem said:
I don't think Country Malt realizes that this is going to hurt their business significantly. We who used to pay $30 + shipping for a 50 lb sack of 2-row are not going to continue to use the same quantity of 2-row if we have to pay $50-65 + tax to buy it from our LHBS. I will probably brew 20-30% less because of this since I have a fixed budget for homebrew expenses.

It sounds like local brew clubs could potential set themselves up as a distributor though, by establishing an account with Country Malt and provided a TIN for tax purposes. Country malt is a fool if they are going to turn down business of this volume...$10,000 a day + at least from homebrewer group buys across the east coast.

Does anyone know of a brew store in Central VA that sells bulk 2-row for <$50 a bag? Too bad Northern Brewer is in Iowa and Not VA...they sell 2-row for $35/bag if you pick it up.

The homebrew shop in Fredericksburg has 2-row for $40 a bag. I've never asked them about other malts but their site says they order from Brewers Supply Group.

http://www.thebrewshop.biz/#3049

Hey guys - Regarding the change in pricing from NCM:

I wanted to post this up here in effort to have each group buy participant thinking about how they are spending their money. I would like to send a message to NCM for the arbitrary price change. However I can't do it alone, nor do I have the time to coordinate an effort like this. I also can't ask you all to boycott, because I know that many can't meet the price locally.

I have created this thread to post comments if you want to attempt to hash out your thoughts on NCM's business decision.

Thebrewshop.biz in Fredericksburg just updated their web site with bulk grain prices. They have a grain tasting this weekend as well ;)

Please remove my 4 bags. Thank you for trying, but there are better prices to be had. Cheers!

Matt, not sure if the group buy is still going to go thru, but can you put me down for:

(2) GW&#8208;2ROW

I'll PM you my email address shortly.

By the way, I'm out of the country the weekend of April 6/7 - I'll try and get someone else to pick up if the delivery happens then.

Well I guess this a done deal. Has anyone found a way to get good pricing on bulk grain in the Cville area? And by Cville I don't mean Fredericksburg.

I wonder if Danny at Wild Wolf would mind adding a couple of sacks to his orders for us?

Yeah, or maybe Blue Mtn. I was just talking to a couple of the brewers there the other day and didn't think to ask. They are pretty good folks so it might be worth a shot.

I'm going to go by Shenandoah Valley Brewing tomorrow and will ask Mike what kind of pricing he'd give.

Yeah, or maybe Blue Mtn. I was just talking to a couple of the brewers there the other day and didn't think to ask. They are pretty good folks so it might be worth a shot.

I'm going to go by Shenandoah Valley Brewing tomorrow and will ask Mike what kind of pricing he'd give.

I would be interested in getting 2-3 bags if this works out

hey all, i'm going to go ahead and call this officially cancelled. if anyone gets any leads on better deals, please keep us posted.

hey all, i'm going to go ahead and call this officially cancelled. if anyone gets any leads on better deals, please keep us posted.

Thanks for all the effort Matt. Too bad it didn't work out.

The brew shop in fredericksburg offers bulk buys and has good prices, maybe we can get some through there and share the cost for one person to pickup? We wouldn't need a full pallet either. I would be willing to go pick it up and the delivery cost per bag would probably be cheaper than $6.

Anyone interested?

Back