V-Vessel Temperature Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggage

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for how to control fermentation temperature with a V-Vessel?

I was thinking I could use a brew-belt to keep it warm, but I'm not sure what to use to keep it cool.

Could I use a water bath somehow with it? I was thinking I could hang it inside a cooler with an aquarium heater, but that might be a pain to do unless it's really close to the ground. However, if I put it really close to the ground bottling or racking to my keg won't be as easy.

I don't use mine very much anymore. I mounted it on a hand truck with a two level set up. For fermenting it was almost touching the floor and when I drained it I raised it up to the top of the hand truck suspended from two steel hooks mounted to the top handle.

If you have an old large frig you could mount the bracket inside of it and work it that way.

As for cooling I can just roll it into my fermentation closet which is set up with a/c and a small heater.

Okay. I wonder if I should hang it and build a little fermentation chamber around it. I wasn't planning to get a temperature controller. I guess I could just brew only with yeasts that work well at 60 (my basement temperature).

I'm still trying to figure out a way to use this and control the temperatures well. If anyone has any advice or ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Back