USPS Package advice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
So, the hops from the hop lottery were sent USPS. Well, my ******* did not check the address for my paypal and the pachage was delivered on Monday to the baracks in Great Lakes, IL that I use to live in 6 years ago. I called the post office in Great Lakes and they said I needed to call the military post office. I am assuming all the mail destined for a barracks goes to USPS post office, then the military post office, and then distrubuted to the individual barracks. I called the military post office the day the package was delivered and he said the box probably went to the barracks and it would come back the next day. I called them back today (5 days later) and he said my package has not come back and he does not know where it is and I should call in a week. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I am kind of pissed the the USPS site says it was delivered but no one can tell me where this box is.

Well at least your is in another state.

Took 3 days for me to track a USPS package down and it was in the my building the whole time.

If you want to go in depth, you could find out what unit resides in those barracks now, and cal that unit's S1 section. Those numbers can be found on the posts website. They might have gotten it when it went to the mailroom.

I think I will probably call the barracks directly. S division for that command is probably huge and does not concern itself with passing out mail to student sailors. When I was there (6+ yrs ago) students from the training command stayed in those barracks (along with 90% of the base barracks). Mail would come in a USPS sack and go to the mail room. At a certain time every day, the yeoman (a student) would open the mail room and distribute the mail. I am gonna call and talk to the Barracks Duty officer for that BEQ and see if he can figure out anything. My worst fear is some punk kid fresh out of bootcamp decided to keep my box because he figured out no one by that name lives there. What he will do with 2 lbs of hops, i dont know.

Back