Using the TAD (tap a draft)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewguy82

Reaction score
Been looking on the forum but havnt found an answer. Just got a TAD yestreday. Put my Irish Red in it and put one C02 cartridge in to force carb. then today I took it out had this 2 black rings come out. put those in with another c02 cartridge but heard a lot of c02 comming out. Does it take a while for the gas to dissolve to force carb in these? Should I wait a while before trying

guess i cleard this up with northern brewer...they said best to just prime with priming sugar

It will take a few hours to absorb. Try plugging it in and shaking the keg vigorously for 5 minutes. Then let it sit for a while.

You want to chill your beer in the bottle overnight, then carb with 1 16g CO2 for at least 48 hours. It only holds 15 PSI by design, so it takes a while to carb.

It will take another cartridge to dispense after carbing.

Make sure to install the co2 cartridge with the bottle horizontal, but then move it upright to store in the fridge vertical while it carbonates. Once it is ready to serve you can keep it horizontal again.

yeah, i just added 2 tablesppons of priming sugar after it was in the fridge for about 2 days. just gonna wait 7days and hope it is carbonated then add the c02 again.

Back