Using Only One Tap on Three Tap Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thegundog

Reaction score
Just purchased a three tap keezer and I‘m getting ready to replace the beer lines and provide a thorough cleaning.

Initially, I’m only going to add one keg and plans are to update the beer lines on just the one tap.

As I’m new to this I just wanted to confirm: Any issues or concerns in using just the one tap and leaving the others as is?

Depending on how easy it is to replace the line in the tower, you might just go ahead and do all three. The lines aren't expensive. I have a homemade pipe tower and I had to replace the lines over the weekend as I had a leak and I wouldn't want to do it multiple times.

Depending on how easy it is to replace the line in the tower, you might just go ahead and do all three. The lines aren't expensive. I have a homemade pipe tower and I had to replace the lines over the weekend as I had a leak and I wouldn't want to do it multiple times.

Yeah, just pulled the cap off the tower and it is tight…

Do you have to remove the faucet shank from the tower to replace the lines?

yes, you will need to remove the shanks, then you can just grab the 90' nipples and withdraw the lines with then. But first remove the keg connections.

You should do all 3 with new lines for all the hassle. then you can just add more kegs later.

I would go EVA barrier if you can

Yeah, just pulled the cap off the tower and it is tight…

Do you have to remove the faucet shank from the tower to replace the lines?
I've never taken apart one other than this one I made. Looks like Odie has your question covered.

I would personally soak the shanks too to clean them up also any faucets. Just be careful if you do take apart the faucets so you know how to put them back together. Plus I would just recommend soaking the faucets separately disassembled in their own bowls on the off chance they are slightly different.

Back