Using "Flavor Extracts"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackntan

Reaction score
Well this is not an extract question you were probably expecting!

I'm actualy looking for advice on "Flavor" extract, such as, Vanilla, Almond, Coconut, etc, etc. I've seen some recipes use them, and I want to creat a brew for my SWMBO.

Question is:
If you use flavor extracts in a brew, lets say a Porter, and mix two different flavors like a "Cherry and an Almond", would each flavor be distinct or would they mix together and make something you probably don't want in your mouth.

I asked this question in the "Receipe" section, but got no where, just thought I would try it here and see if there are different people looking at this section, that might know.

Has anyone used or know anything about using "Flavor" extract, such as, Vanilla, Almond, Coconut, etc, etc. I've seen some recipes use them, and I want to creat a brew for my SWMBO.

Question is:
If you use flavor extracts in a brew, lets say a Porter, and mix two different flavors like a "Cherry and an Almond", would each flavor be distinct or would they mix together and create something you probably don't want in your mouth.

Take a porter, pour in a bit of almond extract and a bit of cherry extract. Drink.

Then come back here and you tell us. My theory is that they would blend into something unrecognizable, but who knows.

Back