Using carb pellets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomToro

Reaction score
Just bottled 88 bottles using Brewer's Best carb pellets. I usually use 3/4 tsp of corn sugar.

I used 5(high) in 3 brews (ginger's ale,Lime lager,marzen) and 4(med) in 1 (oatmeal stout).

Q: Anybody have good or bad luck using these pellets?

Q: Since I can adjust how much carbonation easily, is there a list of which beers need high, med or low carbonation?

I know it's subjective to individual taste, but in general for different type, what is 'normal' for an example a stout? I used medium just because I've had a stout with high and didn't like it.

Thanks,
Tom

I have used nothing but the Cooper's and Copper Tun versions, which are larger , using only 1 for a 12 oz bottle. The carbonation is on the lighter side it seems, but I tend to like that. They are easy and quick to use.
How many come in the package and at what cost? These are 60 for $6. Not cheap.

I have used nothing but the Cooper's and Copper Tun versions, which are larger , using only 1 for a 12 oz bottle. The carbonation is on the lighter side it seems, but I tend to like that. They are easy and quick to use.
How many come in the package and at what cost? These are 60 for $6. Not cheap.

These are 250 at $2.70 from my local brew store.

Back