Using a three product secondary Co2 regulator in kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Reaction score
When I ordered my kegerator I also purchased the below secondary regulator so I can control the pressure in each keg separately. This thing however is rather large and heavy. The single review on the BeverageFactory website I bought it from was from a guy who said he still managed to fit it into his kegerator. I don't yet have my three kegs but looking inside I think I can fit it no problem. Question is mounting it. I don't think the kegs will fit with it mounted to the plastic inside wall, nor do I know if it's ok to screw into the inside wall. So, I was thinking I could probably fashion up hooks so that I can hook it to the homebrew keg metal handles and "hang it" from them. The kegs I ordered are the non-rubber topped ones. How does this sound? Or, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share! Thanks.

triple regulator.jpg

Sounds like you are doing a keezer without a collar.
DO NOT drill into the wall of the chest freezer :) the chance is too high that you'll drill through a coil...

The hook idea would work, you could always get like 3-4' of tubing and connect the main regulator to that one and just have it screwed into the top of the freezer with the tubes coming down from that?
a collar would make everything easier for sure :)

or what about 2 U type brackets that would mold around the lip of the chest freezer and you would screw a board to that and then the regulators onto that inside of the freezer? if that made any sense.... haha

I would suggest attaching it to something other than the kegs themselves. It seems that needing to do something with one of the kegs in the kegerator comes up pretty often and having the secondaries in the way would get old for me pretty fast. If this is an upright unit rather than a chest another option might be to attach it to the door. That would be pretty low on my list of preferences but still above hanging it from the corny handles.

That would be pretty low on my list of preferences but still above hanging it from the corny handles.

It's a 3-tap Kegco kegerator bought from the BeverageFactory. Door mounting could definitely work so long as there is enough room that the valves don't hit the kegs. I'm going to have to wait till my kegs arrive before I'll know the spacing available. I came to the keg handle hanging idea just because I figured it would be easily to fit it in there since it can be positioned precisely. Permanent mounting would definitely require I find a spot it fits in perfectly which might be hard since it's rather large, though one of the reasons I went with non-rubber topped kegs is to inch every little bit of extra space possible. Anyhow, I'm sure I'll make it work. Just figured I'd ask on here since there's always someone that went through it first and can lend their experience :mug:

Rev.

Folks have glued a wooden "sleeper" in their keezers and kegerators, and used SHORT wood screws to mount the regulator to the sleeper.

I did it in my keezer, ( in work), used construction adhesive, sawed a few slots in the back of the sleeper, ( to give more surface area for the adhesive), clamped it up and left it a couple of days.

It won't move.......

Latest posts

Back