Using a blichmann false bottom on a different pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Junior

Reaction score
I am looking to get a false bottom for the mash tun I just ordered. And the way it's looking, I might as well just buy a blichmann false bottom for a couple bucks more... But, can I use their false bottom in a non-Blich kettle? If you have a 10 gal, would you kind giving me the FB DIMS?

I don't believe the Blichmann has any legs, it rests on the ledge that goes around the circumference of the bottom of their kettles...so, you would have to modify it to sit high enough to work for your kettle.

FB DIMS?

False bottom dimensions?

I didn't realize there was a ledge in their kettles. It's probably not worth the time, effort, and cash.

False bottom dimensions?

I didn't realize there was a ledge in their kettles. It's probably not worth the time, effort, and cash.

Yeah there is. Here's a cutaway view.

FBcutaway.jpg

If your pot was the same inside diameter as the Blichmann, then it wouldn't be very hard to create some legs for the false bottom to rest on.

Back