Used Sanke Kegs for sale in the Chicago area.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToastedPenguin

Reaction score
I got some used 15.5 gallon SS sanke kegs for $50 each that I will be selling after Christmas. I am in the Chicago area so local only, unless you are willing to cover the shipping costs, which I imagine won't be cheap.

I won't be around until after Christmas but figured I would post prior to get the word out to my HBT family before I post on Craigslist.

Let me know if you are interested.

David

$50??? You can find tons on CL for $30.

True as with anything, if you spend a lot of time searching you can get what you want at a price your willing to pay. When you are lucky to find one on CL I have seen them go for $60+ also, it all depends on the condition. The first one I purchased for $30 on CL as a noobie was barely worth the $30 I paid.

Besides saying there are tons on CL is a little overstated, you are lucky to find one in the Chicago area month to month.

I posted a wanted ad and found, not kidding, 12+ kegs all for $30. I picked up two (excellent condition) and passed on 7 to my friend who picked up 4 or 5 of those (the others were in poor condition). I turned down two other people as I then had all the kegs I needed. Since most people are cutting these open, they don't need to be in phenomenal condition, just leak free.

All that's needed is a CL wanted ad and the people with kegs come to you. :mug:

$50??? You can find tons on CL for $30.

Saying one can find tons of Kegs on Craigslist is pretty broad. I have been looking at Craigslist every day here on Long Island for the past 8 months for a Sanke Keg for use as a fermenter and have not come across one at any price. I am in no rush because I have other vessels to ferment in but your statement does not hold true everywhere.

True. I would have fully agreed with you, too, when I was searching craigslist for kegs. Then I posted a wanted ad and the replies came flooding in. As with all things though, YMMV.

The market fluctuates here, I have found a lot of kegs priced well if you post a wanted ad. I have 3 more in my garage I need to do something with.

I posted a wanted ad and found, not kidding, 12+ kegs all for $30. I picked up two (excellent condition) and passed on 7 to my friend who picked up 4 or 5 of those (the others were in poor condition). I turned down two other people as I then had all the kegs I needed. Since most people are cutting these open, they don't need to be in phenomenal condition, just leak free.

All that's needed is a CL wanted ad and the people with kegs come to you. :mug:

Ya there are exceptions and your find was one of them. It took me months to find the kegs that I did and I didn't find them on CL; I was put in touch with someone who liquidates businesses and had the kegs only after a friend heard I was looking for them. Even though I only needed a few I bought all of them because I knew how hard they can be to come by. I wish I could say I paid $30 each but I didn't, had I paid only $30 I would pass them along for that.

Want ads never got any responses and any kegs that were listed were gone before I found the ad myself. The market does fluctuate in quantity available and the prices they go for and if a ton of home brewers are looking for them at the same time all bets are off.

You are right about the measure of quality, as long as it doesn't leak who cares what it looks like, unfortunately the first keg I bought off of CL looked better then it functioned (maybe it was made in China, who knows I tossed it a long time ago).

Hey, if you can sell them for $50, more power to you. Personally, $30 is my ceiling for sankes.

I have half a dozen and never paid more than $30. If you are selling them for more than the deposit you are likely to find very few takers, JMO.

Also, if you're selling something, post it in the Classifieds section.

I have half a dozen and never paid more than $30. If you are selling them for more than the deposit you are likely to find very few takers, JMO.

Also, if you're selling something, post it in the Classifieds section.

I totally spaced out on putting this in the classifieds section, thanks for reminding me....

Wish I had picked these up for $30 each unfortunately I wasted weeks trying to find any at all so i jumped on these when opportunity presented itself. I also can't take a loss on them just to get rid of them either so no big deal if they gotta sit in the garage for a while.

I got some used 15.5 gallon SS sanke kegs for $50 each that I will be selling after Christmas. I am in the Chicago area so local only, unless you are willing to cover the shipping costs, which I imagine won't be cheap.

I won't be around until after Christmas but figured I would post prior to get the word out to my HBT family before I post on Craigslist.

Let me know if you are interested.

David

David I am in Evanston and am interesting in buying 6 functional and in good condition kegs. Let me know if yours are still available to pick up. thanks, Doug

Back