Used my BANJO burner for the first time tonight!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The manufacturer's website says "30 PSI Preset Regulator with Brass Control Valve". Does that mean it is controllable...as in able to regulate below 30 psi? Also, how does the difference in 20 vs. 30 psi translate in BTU's and will that affect the boil?

I am looking into getting one of these. I wouldn't really mind the propane usage if it shaves time off and eventually leads to better beer but at the same time, if I am going to go through a tank of propane every brewday thats no good.

brass control valve will be the controllable part, but 0-30 is a wide range to control... i havent had a chance to light one up yet but i was going to go with the 20s i already have and see how it works out. If you go with the 30 let me know how it ends up

Mine came with a 30psi. To touchy. Not uncontrollable, just touchy. I now use a 20 that is adjustable, and it is very manageable. I did a mod to mine, and don't go through much gas at all. 5-6 (5g) batches per tank.

I just picked up the Kab6 - haven't tested it with my pot yet. With all this talk about using a smaller regulator, what would the Kab6 do on a 10PSI regulator (just curious I have one at home).

Back