Used hop pellets to dry hop in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbnpj

Reaction score
....bad idea

I did put them in a 5 gallon paint strainer bag however just tried some and the hop pellets obviously broke out because there are small particles floating in my beer.

Any remedy other than use leaf hops next time?

Cold crashing should cause those to fall out just fine. I use pellets regularly.

Cold crashing should cause those to fall out just fine. I use pellets regularly.

I assume the keg is already in a keezer so it would be cold. Some of the hops got of out the bag and are settling to the bottom which is where the beer dip tube is so cold crash is actually making more fall to the bottom which he doesn't want.

If it is that big of a problem, you could transfer to another keg. You could also remove the bag and let as much fall to the bottom as possible and try to pour it all out. You could also filter your keg through whole hops but you would need to spend some money to do that.

Back