Use what I got or spend the damn $6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
I got the Hazelnut Porter brew from morebeer and today found some beautiful looking grain in the backyard. The dog got to it and LOVED it! I measured what was still in the bag and it is missing about 1 pound of the 4.75 pounds of steeping grains. The base stuff was not touched, just the specialty grains. Should I re-buy or just use as is?
I am thinking I will just brew it up and give the dog a swift kick, followed by swatting myself for leaving it within reach of him.

david_42 said:
How about "Blame the Dog Porter?". I'm certain you've used that excuse before.;)

If it gets me hammered one night, I can say "Blame the Porter, Dogg"

Similar thing happened to me, I ordered ingredients for a barley wine, I was shorted 3lbs of DME. I used the 1.25lb's I had on hand + what came with the order... well, its not a barley wine, but its pretty flipping good. Still around 7% and I dry-hopped it because, well, it wasn't a barley wine anymore with only a 7% abv. Its really tasty now too, took a sample the yesterday.

Back