use old keg for boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbyBeer

Reaction score
I want to find an old keg that I can cut the top off and use as my boiler.
I am finding it difficult to do so.
Any helpful ideas as to how I may procure such a vessel?

I got mine from Specs (don't know if you have that store in PA) for $30.00.. They sold it as a "damaged" keg. I also see them in my area on Craigslist all the time..

Simply put an ad on craigslist that you want one and what you are willing to pay...should have it in no time

Also call the local brewery or distributor in your area to see if they sell damage ones

The craigslist idea is great.. put out the word you need one amongst your friends...My daughter in law found one in the ditch at the end of her parents drive....my son bought a car and when he opened the trunk, there was an empty keg in it....and a cousin found one in a junk pile behind a guys barn... they can be found, just keep looking.

yeah I would say relax and take your time, I started looking and even calling loacl breweries, and soon as I told the guys at work, I got three in about 2 weeks. so keep looking get the word out to your friends and next thing you know it will fall in your lap !!

Back