use a carboy handle, lose an eye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltMonkey

Reaction score
boss let us off early for the big weekend and I'm already druck and brewing....and drinking...beer....with my mouth...

anyway...

whilst on the can I was perusing my Midwest catalog and happened to look at their blurb on the carboy handles.

Quote: "These are not meant to carry full carboys without additional support....Always carry full carboys while supporting from the bottom!"

well I can see that--if there is one thing we've all learned from handles, it's that they are DEFINITELY not made for supporting things.

I f*&%ing juggle full carboys by their handles. One time a burglar broke into my house and i was all scared and stuff but i f&*cking swung a carboy by the handle and knocked his @ss out until the cops came over.

all i'm saying is that carboy handles are neat and should not be feared.

boss let us off early for the big weekend and I'm already druck and brewing....and drinking...beer....with my mouth...

anyway...

whilst on the can I was perusing my Midwest catalog and happened to look at their blurb on the carboy handles.

well I can see that--if there is one thing we've all learned from handles, it's that they are DEFINITELY not made for supporting things.

I f*&%ing juggle full carboys by their handles. One time a burglar broke into my house and i was all scared and stuff but i f&*cking swung a carboy by the handle and knocked his @ss out until the cops came over.

all i'm saying is that carboy handles are neat and should not be feared.

Very nice drunk ramble!!! You are in the lead so far. :cross:

i carry FULL carboys by the handle all the time! that's basically the only reason i dropped down 8 bucks (times 10 )for the thing in the first place. nothings broke yet....just lucky?

Just lucky? I'd say yes to that, but what I really want to know is if you hit the burglar with a full, or empty carboy!

I can carry 10 full carboys at a time. Finger down each neck. Of course I am a registered ninja.

It's obviously time for the carboy manufacturers to mitigate potential liabilities with a warning, something along the lines of "Not intended for use in hand-to-hand combat."

In any case, this is definitely a new angle on the glass vs. better bottle debate.

Chuck Norris frowns upon the use of carboys. He only uses carmen, and he can swing a dozen of them toward an unsuspecting foe.

Chuck Norris can sling a dozen carmen at an unsuspecting foe, while simultaneously slamming a revolving door.

i carry FULL carboys by the handle all the time! that's basically the only reason i dropped down 8 bucks (times 10 )for the thing in the first place. nothings broke yet....just lucky?

No. I work in LHBS (remember). Some people come to pick up the water for their wine kits with 6 gallon carboys. I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen people leave with a carboy full of water, having only one hand on the handle. DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible if you anything happens to you if you only use the handle to move a full carboy.

I'm not supporting the use of only the handle, as I feel I have a way better grip by having a hand on the bottom. Just saying...

Back