Urban Sports

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norn_irn

Reaction score
i have an interview tomorrow as a sports development officer, developing urban sports. BMX, skateboarding rollerblading etc etc, i was wondering does any one here have any centres like this close to them, or even use them or have family that use them.
also the good and bad surrounding urban sports centres please. the reason why as this will be one of the first such venues so i wont have had much dealings or cantact with such said venues.

cheers if anyone can help

GAWA
Green and White Army

you mean like designing a skate park or what? I'm not entirely clear on what you mean by 'developing urban sports'

if that is what you mean, I think they're great for the kids. it gives them a place where they can actually skate, BMX, etc. without getting hassled. unfortunately I have no experience whatsoever developing these or designing them. but good luck and I hope you get the job.

they are all ready in the process of building the park, its just developing the different sports to the wider community.

they built one here about 5 years ago, they removed it within 2 years. It was drawing a bad crowd and the vandalism was costing more than it was worth.
Hope you have better luck than we did.

We love our city's parks and one had a skate park added recently. No problems that I know of and it seems to have significantly reduced the number of skateboarders using pedestrian areas, benches, stairs and handrails to do tricks on. That's a definate positive thing I can say about it.

Decatur's City Parks

cheers guys, had the interview, not one question on what i would do to develop this complex or the sports involved just all about previous experiences, should find out within the next week or so as the next bout of interviews are on the 3rd july

Back