UPS Pick-Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
Has anyone used this service from UPS for shipping to competitions?? I'm thinking this would be an easy way to ship.

You already have the label filled out and on the box, and you don't end up talking with anyone. They just pick it up off of your porch. Just seems simpler, no?

I think it's an extra $3 for the pick-up but that's no big deal.

Thoughts?

I have had UPS pick-up at the house, but most of the time I use the UPS website to create the label and drop it off at a UPS store. No questions asked that way either.

Or if you know that you are going to get a package that day, just leave it out and the driver will take it with no pick-up charge.

I have given up on UPS since they completely screwed up my account on their website. Luckily the FedEx website works great for me, they give me my shipping materials for free, it's cheaper to send stuff, and there's a FedEx location about a block from my house.

Its convenient, but I wouldn't sweat talking to the clerk. I've sent countless packages of beer. Wrap every bottle in bubble wrap, and fill the voids with peanuts. The only time they ever ask what it is, is when I tell them its fragile. I always answer "picture frames".

Back